× Members

Journal entry from compliance officer. Is this how they should be speaking?

More
1 month 6 days ago #289312 by JaneyJane
Hello again,

Recieved the flooring message this morning after calling the compliance officer to tell her I will not sign an A42 form if it is sent blank. Happy to allow her to check what she has queries about but I’m not handing over permission for who knows what or for how long

"Good morning ******. The department can and are able to infer from your lack of engagement with the
A42 form that this account is indeed yours. If it is not simply signing this will enable me to prove to a level I am happy with that it is not yours. Perhaps we should just start to be truthful, if you admit the account is yours we can work out your overpayment and this situation can end. At this stage you are the only person prolonging this review with your persistent hospital admissions and refusal to allow the department to do the necessary checks. I have sent out further A42 forms today and will be in contact with your branch. I will be in touch shortly

Firstly I have told them I will sign the forms if they are filled out correctly , secondly it would seem the DWP can know presume guilt with no evidence of you don’t do what one person says?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago #289334 by denby
Please get onto your MP JaneyJane, imho this was disgusting bullying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Chris, Anji

More
1 month 5 days ago #289386 by C
"you are the only person prolonging this review with your persistent hospital admissions" - this is a SHOCKING and disgusting statement. How dare they imply your hospital admissions are a choice deliberately engineered to delay their processes? Absolutely revolting behaviour from them, I'm so, so sorry they're treating you like this. Solidarity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, denby, Anji

More
1 month 4 days ago #289401 by Andrew
I`m afraid I don`t read the response from DWP as "disgusting" or "bullying". I read it as a person trying to do her job but getting little, or no, cooperation from her "client" (for want of an expression).

"The department can and are able to infer from your lack of engagement with the A42 form"; this isn`t bullying or disgusting, the DWP lady was advising that they have the power to assume that someone isn`t being helpful or truthful (I`m not calling anyone a liar here, this is my interpretation of the details provided).

"Firstly I have told them I will sign the forms if they are filled out correctly"; On face value this is implies that they don`t agree with how the A42 is completed, but why they aren`t completed correctly isn`t mentioned. To allow people to make an informed comment, it would have been better to provide a bit more information.

Before you respond, please understand I am not criticising anybody here, I`m just explaining my interpretation of the situation based on the comments of the poster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Gary

More
1 month 4 days ago #289414 by denby
Andrew, as C says, it is the comment
""you are the only person prolonging this review with your persistent hospital admissions"
that is disgusting bullying.
Please maybe a little, put yourself in the original poster's shoes before drafting a reply which, on the surface at least, seems to lack empathy for someone whose condition/s mean they have been in and out of hospital repeatedly. That is very disorientating in itself, and dealing with admin on top can be difficult. Thank you for, I hope, reflecting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wibblum, TheHud, C, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.