× Members

No decision letter

More
1 month 5 days ago #289336 by Habbiner
No decision letter was created by Habbiner
Hello everyone

Firstly, thanks to the guides available here I have been successfully been awarded ESA again, after the dreaded ESA50 snd and a telephone assessment.

For many years I have been received income based ESA and placed in the WRAG group.

I month ago, I started receiving a higher amount of benefit in my bank account. I rang the DWP helpline and was told that I had been placed in the support group for 18 months. I said that I had received no notification of this but I was told I would receive notification.

A month later, nothing. I had no letter, no report. Who should I now contact and what should I be requesting?

Many thanks for any thoughts offered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #289364 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic No decision letter
Hi Habbiner

Congratulations on your award and well done.

I would contact the ESA enquirey line; 0800 169 0310 and ask for two things;

1) copy of the decision letter
2) copy of the assessors report called a ESA 85

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Habbiner

More
1 month 5 days ago #289371 by Habbiner
Replied by Habbiner on topic No decision letter
Many thanks Gary!

Just one more quick question - I thought that being in the Support Group was an indefinite decision. Is it unusual then to be placed in the Support Group but to be reassessed in 18 months?

Thank you

More
1 month 5 days ago #289373 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic No decision letter
Hi Habbiner

No it is not unusal to be reassessed in 18 months. The normal arguement used is that you may get better.

We have heard on the forum where members have not been reassessed in over 10 years and they don't want to rock the boat in contacting DWP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 month 3 days ago #289423 by robreay
Replied by robreay on topic No decision letter

Many thanks Gary! Just one more quick question - I thought that being in the Support Group was an indefinite decision. Is it unusual then to be placed in the Support Group but to be reassessed in 18 months? Thank you
It's an indefinite decision in that you will continue to be placed in the Support Group until a new decision is made. However, when placed in a group (WRAG or SG), the Decision Maker has to input a date on the ESA computer system for the next Work Capability Assessment. This is usually based on a recommendation from the WCA assessor you spoke to on the telephone. The WCA date is usually set at 12, 18 or 24 months from the date of your last WCA assessment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.