× Members

PIP review

More
1 month 5 days ago #289346 by Jollies
PIP review was created by Jollies
Hi,
I've just received my PIP review form, also just last week I've received a diagnosis of bipolar affective disorder. My previous diagnosis of depressive illness & mixed anxiety which I had for 10 years is what I currently receive my award for, Higher daily living & standard mobility.
My question is will I be treated differently because of the new diagnosis, and start of totally new medication. Will this automatically set off a new PIP claim taking me back to the beginning again? My symptoms and how I cope day to day are unchanged. I rapid cycle and don't have long breaks of relatively normal periods. I'm just coming to terms with my diagnosis and learning about the illness.
All advice is welcome, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #289370 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP review
Hi Jollies

The way to complete a PIP review form is to treat it as a new claim. You need to go to page 129 on the PIP guide to find details on the review.

A pip 1043 form is another name for an AR1 short review form, it should still say AR1 at the bottom left of each page. Its best to treat all reviews as you would a new claim.

It's best to explain in detail what has changed and what has stayed the same and how you’re finding each task.

If you have an up todate review of your treatment, therapy and medication it could be helpful to include this also.

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the form, just make sure that each page has your full name and NINO at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

I would not split your answers across the form and attached pages, do one or the other for each activity (not question), splitting it risks the second part of your answer not being read.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

If you feel you do not have enough time to complete this form you should be able to arrange an extension by calling the DWP and explain that you need a bit extra time.

I hope all goes smoothly for you, try and fill in the form over a few days and take plenty of breaks, from previous experience I know this can be very stressful attempting filling the form all in one go, use our guide to help you complete the form; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Jollies

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.