× Members

Mobility award reduced, car to be taken , plus money overpayment to be paid

More
1 month 2 days ago #289440 by Alybongo65
Hi I am after some advice if possible.

I finally had my pip review after nearly a year wait . I have had High for both daily allowance and high mobility.

My mental health is very complex and I have difficulty going out anxiety panic attacks on fight flight in a split second .

I have had the car as my mobility payout. I’ve had 12 points for 4 years

Car was extended due to the time scale off the waiting for assessment.

They extended car till April 2024

When I did finally have the stressful 2 & a half hour recorded assessments with an advocate support worker .

I have today Monday 25th March .i had my paperwork, I have been told my mobility has been dropped to standard .

Also it’s saying I will receive a letter as I’ve been paid to much , Not sure exactly the date they’re wanting the money back dated from .so on a mega panic . As I am already on the bread line as I have a £600 mortgage, do not have the money to buy and insurance a car . So I was already finding it difficult to get out but my car was my safe place . I will no longer have the car from like now . So will be house bond than I am already .

This has sent me into a huge dilemma of how I am going to get this done . To not have the car taken away .. it’s my life line I can’t use public transport due to my severe mental health as I get triggered easily , have had huge panic attacks.

I get ESA I’m in support group and classed as severely mentally impaired.

I have no family close by .

I am dyslexic and find forms and legal issues very difficult to understand. So having to know do paperwork again to try and have the 12 points back .

My points are ~ Daily allowance points 15 , Mobility 10 points ( because I can walk 200 milres ) awarded till 2029

Any advice world be appreciated. Sorry about the grammar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289460 by BIS
Hi Alybongo65

(Don't apologise for your grammar - there's nothing wrong with it)

I'm sorry to hear about the position you are in. You say that you've had your paperwork - was that decision letter?

If you're going to apply for your Mandatory Reconsideration, you need to get hold of the assessment report. It's called a PA4, and you can ring the DWP and ask for a copy. (it will take 7 - 10 days to arrive) This report will give you more information about why you have been downgraded to a standard mobility award. Do you know where you have lost the points - because that's what you will need to try and fight.

You have one month to get in your Mandatory Reconsideration from the date on the decision letter.

I can't advise you about the overpayment. I hope that your advocate support worker can help you when you receive the letter. If there has been a genuine overpayment, they will explain how it is to be paid back.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alybongo65

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.