× Members

Setting up being Appointee for first time UC claim - cannot see how to do it

More
1 month 1 day ago #289469 by kaitlin
I know that this forum does not officially advise on Appointeeships.
If a member could help me I would be very grateful. This is UC related. I am already an Appointee for PIP for my daughter.
I am delayed sending in a UC new claim for my daughter because I haven't been able to fathom out how to do it.
I created the online account but could not make progress because it was all about the Claim and not setting up to Appointee to be able to make the claim. After 4 weeks the online account expired.
I believe there is a process where they visit to home first to confirm identity and only then can the claim commence.
How is the process managed after they visit us to allow me to begin the online claim?
I have googled and cannot see how I initiate any of this.
I tried to phone them but all of the automated options require a claim being started and there was no option for my query.
It feels like a huge obstacle!
Daughter does not have any service involved to be able to help me.
I'm hoping someone on here can advise me through their own experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 21 hours ago #289498 by Chris
Hi Kaitlin,

Post approved, and hopefully one of our other claimants can help advise you in relation to your situation, and if they've experienced anything similar.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaitlin

More
1 month 21 hours ago #289503 by Donna2512
I've been through this so I set up the account in d's name but giving my contact details. I seem to remember there was an option of alerting them to you starting the claim on somebody's behalf at some point so I did that. They phoned me and again I stated d couldn't manage any of the claim and I was appointee for PIP. They arranged to come to the house for her ID check and at the same time made me appointee for UC as well (according to the lady who came here appointeeship isn't transferrable although I have heard that it has been accepted by other Job Centre staff.) It has been really straightforward and my experience of Job Centre staff has been positive throughout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Wendy Woo, kaitlin

More
1 month 12 hours ago #289521 by kaitlin
Thank you! That is good to hear! I will try again online. Or go the the job centre if I cannot do it. My daughter will not go with me to the JC.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289584 by Jones1988
Hi Kaitlin,
I used to assist in the creation of appointees for the DWP. The best advice I can give you is to attend the Jobcentre and ask which member of staff can use the DWP computer system CIS Searchlight. If they look under the Relationships tab on your daughters Benefit profile the PIP appointeeship may have already been transferred with your details. If that is the case you don't have anything further to do and you are the appointee for UC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.