× Members

PIP Expires 5 months before Pension age.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289472 by Rossi1999
PIP Expires 5 months before Pension age. was created by Rossi1999
Hi. I've been awarded PIP, enhanced rate for both Care and mobility. It will expire a few months before my stated pension date. In 3 years.
Can I claim PIP at this point, so that I continue with the mobility into pension age? If successful ddo I get PIP for a few months
If it is anything like now, there will be delays, so my claim won't get revised until I pass that state pension age.
Do I then claim for Attendance Allowance even though I might not have had my PIP looked at.
I apologise if I haven't worded this very well.
To recap.. My PIP expires 5 months before I get state pension... Do I complete a review form and do I then also claim Attendance Allowance?
I know it's in the future, God willing, but I'm very confused by it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289477 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Expires 5 months before Pension age.
Hi Horty

You should get a review form 6 months before your PIP claim stops, if you do not receive a review form then contact DWP and ask for one.

If you are in receipt of PIP before you reach state pension age then your claim will continue after you reach state pension age.

If you are in receipt of PIP, you cannot claim Attendance Allowance, remember Attendance Allowance is all about care needs, there is no mobility component with Attendance Allowance.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.