× Members

PA4 report

More
1 month 19 hours ago #289502 by Holly
PA4 report was created by Holly
Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the help so far!

I had my telephone assessment and the Nurse I spoke to was lovely. He was so friendly and kind for the whole 2hr 10min!!. I felt like he was really listening and I felt like he understood. I asked for a copy of the PA4 and he has wrote down everything and agreed with everything I have said. I couldn't have asked for a better assessor.

I just wondered will the DWP deviate from what he has said in the PA4 or do they generally keep to what the assessor has said?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 18 hours ago #289504 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PA4 report
Hi Holly

You need to ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report - it doesn't come from the assessor. You can do this 48 hours after the assessment has taken place.

I'm glad you had such a good experience. The DWP decision maker generally follows the advice of the assessor - but not always.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Holly

More
1 month 18 hours ago #289508 by Holly
Replied by Holly on topic PA4 report
Hi BIS,

I have the report. I just wanted to know if the final decision will be the same as what is on the report, if you see what I mean?

More
1 month 17 hours ago #289510 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PA4 report
Hi Holly,

It does usually tend to be in my experience, as they judge the assessors report as being accurate with the information, even though most of the time, it's pages and pages of errors - hence why so many of us have to go down the tribunal route, so that someone with the correct level of knowledge can assess us properly, and award us as they see fit.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512, MDBond, Anji, Holly

More
1 month 17 hours ago #289511 by Holly
Replied by Holly on topic PA4 report
Thanks Chris. I hope that is the case :-) I didn't realise how bad my previous assessor was until speaking to this one!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
1 month 17 hours ago #289512 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic PA4 report
Hi Holly

I'm so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with your assessor. We had the same with my son's LCWRA assessment, the assessor was so understanding and it really felt like a very personal experience. So different from the PIP assessment, which felt as if the assessor had already made up their mind and didn't listen to anything we said, and as Chris pointed out, ours was pages and pages of errors.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome 🤞 Do keep us informed!

All the best
Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris, MDBond, Holly

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.