× Members

DWP Compliance Interview

More
1 month 10 hours ago #289523 by ArchieD123
DWP Compliance Interview was created by ArchieD123
Hi,

I recently had a telephone assessment for my PIP renewal and now I have received a letter in the post saying I am to have a compliance interview with the DWP with a date and time. It doesn’t give any more details than that.

Does anyone know what this could be about or whether it is something to worry about?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 9 hours ago #289525 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic DWP Compliance Interview
Hi ArchieD123

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

A DWP compliance interview, also referred to as a customer compliance interview, is a procedure undertaken by the DWP where they have reason to suspect that you are claiming a benefit that you are not entitled to, or if they suspect that your personal circumstances have changed but that you have not notified them of the change; www.stuartmillersolicitors.co.uk/dwp-com...iew-questions-guide/

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 9 hours ago #289527 by ArchieD123
Replied by ArchieD123 on topic DWP Compliance Interview
Thanks Gary.

I’ve read elsewhere online that these interviews are being requested randomly. Is it likely be a full investigation or could it just be to verify the information I gave at the telephone assessment? I’ve never been asked to have one of these previously.

More
1 month 9 hours ago #289528 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic DWP Compliance Interview
Hi ArchieD123

I have never come across one, and I have been doing benefits for many years. I have heard from members on the forum who have undergone a compliance interview, from reading the link I sent you, Once your identity has been confirmed, you will be informed of the purpose of the interview.

Hopefully forum members who have also had a compliance interview will be able to offer you first hand experience.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.