× Members

PIP Claim Form/confidential information

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290950 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic PIP Claim Form/confidential information
Me again! Does anyone have an example of the kind of covering letter I might write? As someone with several anxiety disorders this has still been playing on my mind, as some other forums have said it will be discounted. I really don’t have time to get all of these letters re-written with the private and confidential bits removed (as some other forums have suggested when asked about this by others) and I’m not even certain that could be done at this stage. Some of these letters are a few years old and I’m sending them because my conditions are long term and haven’t changed. The lack of clarity from the DWP on this is kind of stressful!

Anyone who might give a quick template letter would be my hero. I’ve got a couple of days left to do this as I’ve had 3 extensions already. My stress levels are through the roof - which is exactly why, even though my conditions are long term, I’ve never claimed before as I simply could not face it.

Also somewhat confusingly the letters in question are psychiatric summaries and all say in the top left above either my name: private and confidential for addressee only. OR private and confidential addressee only with the gps name and ‘copy’ stamped on the front!

Thanks so much if anyone can help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290974 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Claim Form/confidential information
Hi Dellilah,

There's a website called Turn2us that is usually good for helping assist you with quesries such as this.

www.turn2us.org.uk/

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah

More
1 week 5 days ago #291008 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic PIP Claim Form/confidential information
I would like to respond but really found it a very difficult proposition to answer and all the questions were extremely ambiguous and meant to trip one up. They want people to respond and then can use the responses that are flawed from the onset. It would be good, as someone mentioned, if someone who can get to the grist of the matter complete a format for us to use and bombard them. Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Dellilah

More
1 week 1 day ago #291219 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic PIP Claim Form/confidential information
So I managed to cobble together a covering letter using jargon that just came into my head, because believe it or not, there’s very little in the way of any kind of template letter for this out there.

I’ve also seen this question asked a few times over the years on here, and nobody ever comes back with a follow up (those that asked the questions in the first place) so I will definitely update this thread as soon as I have further info now I’ve returned the form.

Thanks again to all who answered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.