× Members

Let Down By PIP

More
1 month 1 week ago #289687 by RIA
Let Down By PIP was created by RIA
I have suffered in pain for many years now, due to a deviated spine issue (my C2). I applied for PIP and enclosed all my relevant x-rays and reports from my Chiropractor. PIP sent a request to my DR asking for proof of my ailments, but only focused on my mental health issues. They paid my Dr over £30.00 for a report, but when | looked at this report, it only focused on my mental health issues and not my physical issues relating to my spine.

Both my Chiropractor, and my Physio told me that I should be entitled to lower rate PIP for my deviated spine and the impacts it causes me.

PIP did not seek evidence from my Chiropractor, but only used my Dr's report for evidence. My Dr does not deal with these advanced procedures, so, he wouldn't know the extent of the daily pain I am in.

Chiropractors are not obliged to send in reports of issues relating to spine or neck issues to their patients Dr.
There is, in my opinion, a massive void in the health system. Unless the NHS recognises Chiropractor abilities and the results in a persons care, PIP will just ignore any evidence, unless it's via a treatment that is under the NHS protocol.

Something needs to radiclly change here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289716 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Let Down By PIP
R

Did your Chiropractor or Physio explain why they thought you would receive a PIP award? It's not the condition but the limitations that result that are assessed.

The DWP only has contracts with the NHS for reports so would not seek information from your Chiropractor or Physio.

Is there any reason that your GP is not aware of your physical problems?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.