× Members

Pip have been progressing my review for months

More
1 month 4 days ago #289937 by Harold
I have received pip for many years. In May 23 I was sent the long form to file for review and to date no decision has been made! I turned 66 in July 23 so it used to be (if I’m correct) that if you were in receipt of pip at time of receiving state pension your pip would then be classed as ongoing! However am still receiving my monthly pip but my paperwork still being reviewed!
However I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis which has had profound effects on my knee, making moving around difficult, as this is a “change of circumstance” would it be beneficial to notify pip office as I may qualify for higher rate, as they have not reviewed my paperwork would I be turned down for pip as I have now turned 66. Any help or guidance would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 days ago #289950 by Gordon
H

It is not a given that because you have reached State Retirement Age that any new award will be an On-Going one, it is down to the Decision Maker to decide whether there is still a chance of changes to your limitations.

As to your Mobility. Your current award can be increased providing the DM accepts that you met the criteria for an Enhanced award in May 2023.

Reporting a Change now will not result in an increased award as the PIP legislation prohibits increased PIP Mobility awards once the claimant has reached SRA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Harold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.