× Members

PIP over retirement age

More
1 month 8 hours ago #290090 by jaxw17
PIP over retirement age was created by jaxw17
Hi
If you have been receiving PIP before you retired can you request a change in circumstances if your condition goes much worse Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #290119 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP over retirement age
j

You can notify the DWP of a Change of Circumstances before and after you reach State Retirement Age but be aware, if after SRA then only the Daily Living component can be increased, you cannot receive a new Mobility award and it can't be increased from Standard to Enhanced even if you meet the criteria for an award.

The Daily Living component is not affected by this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moggins

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #290140 by Moggins
Replied by Moggins on topic PIP over retirement age
Thanks Gordon, When i got the txt on my mobile saying, they had all the information they needed and i'd hear by 8th april, i thought it looked promising. At least i know now it's probably not worth me trying to appeal. But thanks to everyone at benifitsandwork. The first part i receive has increased by about £80 as i get the enhanced payment now.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.