× Members

Mandatory victim of domestic abuse

• Claimants and Carers for 1 year
  • Topic Author
More
2 weeks 13 hours ago - 2 weeks 11 hours ago #290143 by Claimants and Carers for 1 year
Mandatory victim of domestic abuse was created by Claimants and Carers for 1 year
I would very politely like to ask for your advice please. I don’t know to where send this questions as my question's are specific (like from everyone) and my ex boyfriend/partner which he visiting this webpage will know that it’s my story. So I’m afraid to put this question on forum. But I don’t mind share my story/question if you know how to change personal info in email cos your English is much better than my. ☺️

First of all, for explanation, I should say that I have a problem with English because I am not a native British. Also, I have a mental problem focusing and my anxiety and panic attacks make it difficult. That's why I use artificial intelligence and Google translation to help me, but sometimes the information is still inaccurate. I hope so and I ask for your patience if I am not precise.

I had a telephone assessment for PIP and I was awarded a higher daily living rate of 15 points and basic mobility of 10 points. I asked by phone for a mandatory examination for higher mobility (friends pushed me that I’m eligible) because I am afraid (scare of people and paranoia) to go out and go to the shops for example. When I do and take the courage, every time it ends up being a problem and I fall into my own trap. If you will need I can explain how. For example …

For example, the shop that is around the corner, so the journey would take 15 minutes even with shopping, stretches to 5 hours because every time I meet someone, for example, with a hood or a hidden face, and I immediately start feeling (paranoia) that I am being followed by my ex-boyfriend. At that moment, rational thinking goes aside and I immediately change my route and try to disappear so they don't see where I'm going home, so for example I immediately order a taxi and go to the other end of town. Or I take the train and go to the next town.

Since I can't hear well (I use hearing aids), I don't understand English very well, plus my anxiety and panic, so it happened that instead of going to Liverpool street in London, where I knew it, cos I lived there few years ago I ended up in the city of Liverpool and the train back home wasn't due until 6 in the morning. What happened after that is another story. All this under a great sense of fear and I cross the road without looking to see if a car is driving or not. Then I’m exhausted psychologically and physically many days and scare go somewhere alone.

I am a victim of domestic violence and the police moved me and now I live in a refuge. I started suffering from feelings of so-called paranoia 13 years ago when I worked for the most followed singer in the Czech Republic who ended her life by jumping under a train. The paparazzi followed her for more than 15 years and "only" followed me for 4 years. I “ended” a little better because I "only" ended up in psychiatry hospital for 2 months. All about that is on internet in news about me and singer.

Then I moved to the UK and met my now ex-boyfriend. When we started our relationship, I told him about my problems and begged him to be always always always honest with me and to help me. He was the best partner in the world for the first 4 years, but then he became someone else and hell began for me. He started causing me all the trouble on purpose and with his manipulations he let me know that he was watching me with hidden cameras, that his friends everywhere and all the time see me etc. I note that we had a cctv cameras in every room and only he had access to the application. Every time he explained that it was for our safety, etc. But that is a story for a very long time.

Now I'm in a situations where I'm afraid to go out even because of my neighbors, because I don't want to meet them. My refuge is a 1 bedroom flat and I live here alone. I am going shopping with a friend who comes to pick me up by car and helps me. She helps me as much as she can, but she also has her own private life……. Etc. That's my basic info on the my problems.

Supposedly I should be entitled to a higher mobility rate. But when I had a phone assessment with the translator, the lady did not translate entire sentences. Since I know a little English, I asked/told her at least twice to translate it word for word. I’ve got recorded but DWP don’t know yet cos I read on your page it’s illegal but I’ve got here cctv camera with microphone for my safe as I live in refuge.

I just don't know how to stylize the letter to make sense. But I'm afraid if what I'm writing to you now don’t makes any sense at all. Please, do you think there is any chance to advise me? If you need more information, I will of course be happy to tell you. This email I’m writing 4 hours. I’m so desperate. Is I don’t know what to do. I’m sure I forgot to tell you any more information. Thank you.

Kind regards [removed]
Last edit: 2 weeks 11 hours ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 11 hours ago - 1 week 5 days ago #290153 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory victim of domestic abuse
C

I've removed your name from the end of your post.

We can't give specific advice on the forum as we can only base our answers based on what members put in the posts, they may omit important information or emphasise or deemphasise how they are affected.

What we can provide is general advice and explanations as to how the PIP activities work.

So from your post, you have scored 10 points for the Going Out activity was this for Descriptor (d) or (e)? Descriptor (d) considers your ability to follow a route to an unfamiliar destination and (e) looks at whether you can leave your house in the first place. Your strategy will be different based on which Descriptor you scored for.

Have you looked at our PIP Claim guide? The Going Out activity is explained in detail. Follow the Guides link at the top of the page.

Reply to this post when you have had a look.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Gordon.

More
1 week 5 days ago #290240 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic Mandatory victim of domestic abuse
As a 'victim of domestic abuse' you have disclosed an awful lot about yourself like where you are originally from and you have made reference to 'Liverpool street London'
You can easily be identified and as such you need to consider very carefully disclosing such personal information on a public forum.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.