× Members

Am I too late to claim PIP?

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #290239 by latetrain
Replied by latetrain on topic Am I too late to claim PIP?
Hi Hazel

I cannot answer your question as I have never done one on line.

I am sure fellow members on the forum will be able to help you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #290247 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Am I too late to claim PIP?
And remember you can send in additional evidence after you have submitted your form - but do make sure that put your name and NI number on each bit of paper. (I also put ‘PIP application’ on it - don’t know if it helps it not get lost, but makes me feel better.)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Hazel

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #290251 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic Am I too late to claim PIP?
Thank you. I was beginning to think that too. It was starting to feel a bit overwhelming and doesn't help that I have a raging fever and flu at the moment so my brain isn't working well. And I know it's important to send as much as you can with an application. But I won't have a GP letter in time and may have to say further evidence to follow. (Due some scans in about a month).

A question - if I get turned down and have to go for a reconsideration (or appeal) am I still classed as pre retirement? I mean it's not like starting again is it, once the application is in?

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #290252 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic Am I too late to claim PIP?
Hi. Thank you. I got through fairly quickly on the phone. I was on hold for maybe 15 to 20 minutes? I then opted for the online option so she emailed me a link to start the form. Which should speed things up hopefully. I think there's an option to print it before you send. And you can save it as you go along and come back to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #290259 by Catherine
Brilliant - go for it!

Last edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by Catherine.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #290262 by Catherine
Hi Hazel,
Just picked up on your earlier question,
Any MR, appeal or even an appeal to the Upper Tribunal will still be treated as the same original application.
Happy form filling…
Catherine

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.