× Members

What is the timescale for receiving back pay?

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #290194 by Rossi1999
Hi. I had my daily living increased to enhanced over 4 weeks ago. The renewal form had been sent 12 months prior to this and I should be entitled to back pay. Do you have any feedback on the timescale for receiving this? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #290202 by Gordon
H

Was this review the result of your reporting a Change of Circumstances or was it initiated by the DWP because you were reaching the end of your award?

If the latter then it is at the discretion of the Decision Maker as to when the set the Effective Date of your new claim, what date is on the Decision Letter?

Back payments usually only take a few weeks, many members have reported receiving the payment before they have received their uprated 4-weekly payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #290287 by Rossi1999
Replied by Rossi1999 on topic What is the timescale for receiving back pay?
It was as a result of my previous award ending. The award letter states it is effective from when I sent the form in, way back in February 2023, so, I should get at least 13 months back pay. I've still heard nothing to date.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #290290 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic What is the timescale for receiving back pay?
Keep checking your bank statement Horty, it would be unusual for them to take long to make the payment now that it has been agreed.
Happy shopping when it comes!
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rossi1999

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.