× Members

Pip and Lcwra

More
1 week 2 days ago #290589 by Sidhu123
Pip and Lcwra was created by Sidhu123
Hello I have a question, what Rishi Sunak is proposing with pip etc and benefits. If someone has a 10 yr pip award will they be made to have it redone or will that continue as it is until it expires?

Also from legacy benefits of ESA and support group , when moved over to Lcwra, would they move over to wca or LCWRA or can they, make you attend a interview when it changes to UC and can the DWP change that to make you work even though your getting pip for 10 yrs and are in the support group?

have physical disabilities along with mental issues and this news is so scary that peoples life is reliant on these benefits to survive that are genuine unwell. Not only has the UC dates changed the Govt are after pip. Not sure if it’s people applying for new benefits or for everyone. Any information would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #290599 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip and Lcwra
Hello Sidhu123,
As I understand it Rishi Sunak's statement is simply one of intent - what they intend to do if re-elected. Nothing will change until after the next election, and then I believe it can only change by a change in legislation. Once you start going down the route of changing legislation then anything can happen. But for what it is worth, they have not yet started that process.

The DWP are entitled to reassess your Capability for Work whenever they wish, and hidden somewhere in the outcome of your last assessment there will be a suggestion of when a review should happen. They just don't make that easily known. I have not experienced people being reassessed as a result of moving over to UC, over and above the reassessments which happen anyway.

Technically having a 10 year PIP award does not automatically put you in the support group or LCWRA, or vica versa. The two things look at difference parts of your life. PIP looks at difficulties you may have day to day life, Capability for Work looks at difficulties you may have with work life. Somethings are different and some are closely related.

I agree announcements like that are scary, and it seems really tough that people who are struggling with life have to now face additional uncertainties.

Best wishes, Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sidhu123, C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.