× Members

Missed deadline - ESA account closed

More
1 week 4 days ago #291047 by CO
Replied by CO on topic Missed deadline - ESA account closed
I called back again and I was told that reclaiming UC was like opening a new claim and the person gave me the exact date my father’s work capacity changed on the DWP system. They said to add this date. We are now being booked in for a commitments meeting. How should I move forward. I’ve seen a lot about people not wanting to sign the commitments. Would it be advisable to get a fit note before the commitments meeting - will he then be marked unfit to work?. I placed a note in journal regarding MPG1 form for ESA to reconnect . No one has responded to that message. I also asked for commitment appointment to be on a day I was available to go with him - they booked the right day at first and then changed it to a day I’m not around, I did write to them in journal to change day. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #291048 by CO
Have to go in to hand in bank evidence etc for UC closed claim MR on Friday . I’m thinking best to get fit note after that date , as case manager said I’d have to go with my father. I couldn’t hand in information on his behalf. Or can I if I upload a fit note?

More
1 week 4 days ago #291049 by CO
I was told to make a reclaim. yet after I put in my father’s details, I was given a different payment date. ( I skipped through all the parts regarding what jobs one could do and cv info) . Will it be likely that he will have to do WCA again? . I’m so disgusted with the system and how it treats people. This whole process has been so confusing for me, let alone others that need support. Thank God for this website! Thanks again

More
1 week 4 days ago #291051 by CO
I thought that LCWRA was ESA! ( too confusing) . He is in support group and doesn’t have to work. I’ve just checked and the last form I filled out was UC50.. Will the LCWRA Be added back to a new universal claim?

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #291094 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Missed deadline - ESA account closed
Wow CO, I hope I answer all your questions! Please post again if I miss some.

First of all, I would urge you to communicate with the job centre. The vast majority of work coaches are really nice people trying to do a difficult job within the confines of a complex system. Try to adopt your father's as your new best friend and you will probably find things run pretty smoothly.

You can hand in the fit note as soon as you have it, whether that is before or after your committment meeting.

Given that your father was previously in the support group I would be amazed if he was asked to undertake any committment which he is not capable of keeping. It might well be nothing more than agreeing to complete the UC50 form and attend the assessment. Again - communicate. If the work coach asks for something which is not possible or not safe, explain why. It is quite likely that if your father's condition has not changed and his ESA assessment was fairly recent then they will passport the results of the previous one through to UC. If however if he has not had a review for a while they will probably take this opportunity to review him.

I have not heard of LCWRA being backdated excepted where it was as a result of assessment which was subsequently successfully challenged.

Hope things work out for you both,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Catherine.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.