× Members

Question for Gordon please.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290703 by Nathan1965
Question for Gordon please. was created by Nathan1965
HI,

I was just awarded LCWRA after a mandatory reconsideration and now I am about to apply for PIP however, I have a question.

As well as depression and anxiety, I also suffer from urinary incontinence when experiencing particularly bad panic attacks. This didn't score me any points in the ESA assessment as it is a physical problem without a specific physical cause.

I was wondering whether the same criteria apply to PIP - I don't really want to go through the indignity of having this problem questioned and probed, if there is not point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290723 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Question for Gordon please.
Nathan

Whilst PIP distinguishes between physical and mental health problems it does not limit your scoring because of this with two exceptions which are the two Mobility activities; where one is for the physical act of walking and the other is for mental, cognitive or sensory problems that limit your ability to get to places.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C, Nathan1965

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290750 by Nathan1965
Replied by Nathan1965 on topic Question for Gordon please.
Thanks Gordon,

At the risk of sounding dense here, does that mean that urinary incontinence problems with an emotional/mental cause can potentially score points for PIP then - unlike with ESA?

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290756 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Question for Gordon please.
N

Yes, you can score but understand the PIP test is different from the WCA one, PIP considers the help you might need with your problem rather than its extent as the ESA test does.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan1965

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.