× Members

PIP REFORMS......

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290711 by Arthritic Annie
PIP REFORMS...... was created by Arthritic Annie
Hi,

I'm sure your probably inundated with people messaging about this government and their recklessness but here I am looking some reassurance.....

I know well not know much until they make their announcements later and see exactly what they are proposing....

But I've read a fee articles about how they are removing cash payments and instead replacing them with therapies, respite care, submitting receipts for reimbursement etc....

Now the cynic in me says if these ever happen it will take years as they can't get through the backlog they have without starting at the beginning..... but then my mind goes into overdrive and I think oh fxxk what if they just select everyone and say that's it your out....🙈

I've recently been forced out of my job and I sitting here thinking no employer is going to want someone who comes with a list of adjustments they will need to make in order to employ them. ( that's when hopefully I'll be well enough to go back to work.) Yes I know legally they're supposed to but we all know the reality is different especially in the private sector.

I am extremely worried, this is my lifeline. I currently waiting for my renewal and I know nobody needs all this nonsense on top of their daily worries. Definitely easy knowing most of our MPs don't have any health conditions nor have ever had to live hand to mouth.

Just shocking..... 😔

Feeling extremely dejected right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C, UB40 Rumrunner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290726 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP REFORMS......
Hi Arthritic Annie

You're right - we don't know what will happen - no one does. When we know specific information that we can confidently report on, it will appear in the newsletter.

I understand you're scared and worried for the future, but government soundbites, fear tactics on all sides, politicians sounding off, sensationalist media reporting (in some quarters), and some people spreading inaccurate information help no one. You can't control anything anyone says, and it is hard to know what is real and what is just fear-mongering.

There is no timescale for some of the things the Prime Minister has already said, and plenty of medical people say that the resources aren't in place and that it is unrealistic. Who knows what will happen.

My advice to you (which of course you are free to ignore) - is to stop reading about proposed benefit changes. I wait for Steve to report key items in the B&W newsletter and avoid other things. So much of what is out there is just noise; if you keep reading or listening to it, you will be ill. I hope you get your wish and one day you will return to work - but there's no point in worrying about the ifs and buts of whether a potential employer will make adjustments now when you're not at that point.

I know it's not easy but try and focus on the things you can control.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley, MariW, KABTT , Wendy Woo, latetrain, C, Philip B, lottie1, Arthritic Annie

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290728 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic PIP REFORMS......
Well said. Much of this can be put down to election bluster but for many years I have trusted only what B and W put out. You're right. The media. especially the pro tory press push these stories, as they're aimed at winning over the tory voters which that party are losing in the millions.
For one they won't get back into power. Second, this might not apply to current claims until they come up for normal renewal. Third we need to hear more of what Labour think though their reticence on this worries me a little. Let's not forget the likes of Purcell, Blunkett and Cooper did a lot of damage to sick and disabled people when they ran, or were involved with the DWP so they might run with some of these ideas. But it's true Annie, this is nothing but pre election soundbite yet even though they are running a consultation
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo, Philip B, UB40 Rumrunner, Arthritic Annie

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.