× Members

GOLD/SILVER

More
2 weeks 10 hours ago #290842 by dan123
GOLD/SILVER was created by dan123
Hi all,

So I currently receive PIP and UC LCWRA. I understand PIP is not means tested so my question is with regards to UC.

Q1) Can I buy Gold or silver or for that matter any precious metal or crypto or will it automatically be classed as deprivation of capital?

Q2) If I can buy it I understand that it would defo count as capital/assets and would want to report it but when would I report it? Would I only have to report it if my total assets went above 6k? Or, would I have to report how much my gold is worth every month to UC on the last day of each assessment period.

For clarity here I am not talking about buying jewellry. I am talking about bullion and I am not trying to do anything unlawful. I would happily declare everything. I just am not sure when and how I would have to declare it. Is it every month or just when I go over 6k or is it something different to that.

Many thanks,

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 8 hours ago - 2 weeks 8 hours ago #290846 by latetrain
Replied by latetrain on topic GOLD/SILVER
Hi Dan

Your question is outside the remit of the forum.

You need to speak to your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 weeks 8 hours ago by latetrain. Reason: double entry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.