× Members

Traveling time definition

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290947 by MichaelC
Traveling time definition was created by MichaelC
I live in a rural location for about 10 years with limited transport links. I was made redundant after 17 years at my job and applied for Contribution based Job seekers.

I understand I have to search for any full time job that I can do within a traveling time of 90 minutes to work and 90 minutes back home. Can anybody confirm if traveling time includes all of these components :

a. walking from my home to bus station and reverse at end of day counts as traveling time.
b. whether waiting for bus or train at connecting location counts as traveling time.
c. from bus or train stop to actual work location counts as traveling time.

Also can the DWP force you to move from your home to another place so you have better access to public transport?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 hours ago #290962 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Traveling time definition
M

Travel time will be door to door.

No, the DWP cannot force you to move.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , MichaelC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.