× Members

does the effect my benefits?

More
1 week 6 days ago #290975 by laura.dorans
does the effect my benefits? was created by laura.dorans
if i will stuff on ebay will it effect my benefts, like will i get done for benefit fraud? i currently claim ESA and ADP

scottishlemonade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290982 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic does the effect my benefits?
Hi laura,

You are allowed to sell up to £1,000 worth of items I believe. After that, I think you have to submit tax returns. I will see if there's a link to explain for you more in depth.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 week 6 days ago #290983 by Chris

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 6 days ago #290989 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic does the effect my benefits?
Chris

The £1000 reference is in regard to Tax, not benefits. Note, I am not confirming the £1000.

You can sell goods that you already own without penalty, however, the income will be considered as capital and count towards the £6000 and £16,000 limits for legacy Income Related ESA and UC.

If you buy goods to sell then the profit you make will be treated as income and will have to be declared if you are receiving Income Related ESA or UC. There is a £20/week disregard for ESA and of course UC has the Earnings Disregard.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Chris

More
1 week 5 days ago #291001 by laura.dorans
Replied by laura.dorans on topic does the effect my benefits?
thank you

scottishlemonade

More
1 week 5 days ago #291003 by Chris
Hi Gordon,

Thank you for clearing this up - much appreciated :side:

Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.