Pip review

• Sherlock63
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 week 5 days ago #291011 by Sherlock63
Pip review was created by Sherlock63
Hi,

Husbands Pip award was extended to March 2025 but last week received text to say review has started is this normal? also is this different to having to make a fresh claim and how long are reviews taking roughly.

Many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #291016 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip review
Hi Sherlock63,

It is usually 6 months prior to the award ending that they want to start the process of filling in forms again, however, it's likely that due to the increased number applying for PIP that they're trying to do things up to a year ahead.
The reviews, you do unfortunately have to treat it as a new claim I believe. Filling in all the forms from scratch, I'm not sure how long reviews are taking, I think it depends on the area, but I have read on several occasions of some taking up to 2 years to complete. Mine did, however this was back in 2020.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C, Sherlock63

More
1 week 5 days ago #291019 by C
Replied by C on topic Pip review
Speaking from my own experience, I'm in the midst of a review right now and I'm 15 months in. Expecting it to take another month maximum (DWP have the report from Capita and just need to make a final decision). It's super variable though, as Chris says.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Chris, Sherlock63

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.