× Members

Government announcement about ESA to UC migration this year

More
1 week 4 days ago #291087 by NikiB
Hi I'd be grateful for help. I'm worried sick about the recent announcement of moving people On ESA legacy to UC by end of the year. I've been On ESA for approx 10 years. I think it's income related as I haven't worked in years I live On my own, no kids, receive ESA, PIP and HB. I read your guide but I'm still confused (may be misreading due to anxiety) if I'll be in the group migrated this year or the group they propose to migrate in 2028. Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #291100 by Gordon
NB

They intend to move more ESA claimants onto UC this year than previously planned but they are not going to move all ESA claimants by the end of the year.

They are now aiming for the end of 2025 but whether this is achievable will depend on the capacity at individual JC+ offices. Tax Credits is still the priority as the underlying system is literally falling apart.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1, NikiB, VIA, Chris, The Dog Mother

More
1 week 3 days ago #291112 by The Dog Mother
I know exactly how you feel.
It's on my mind night and day,along with all the other very troublesome ideas there drummed up.
To be honest I don't think they ever intended to wait until 2028 to move us to UC ,I never understood why Hunt would be so generous. The whole idea was far fetched.
But how this move pans out will be another story. For now I think all we can do is wait and hope it's delayed at the least.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NikiB

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.