× Members

re mobility component and pension age

More
1 week 4 days ago #291071 by tango
hi there my friends original pip award ended in November 22 but because of the dwp delay in carrying out reassessment he only had a reassessment 2 weeks ago and last October 2023 he reached pension age. anyway he got a copy of his assessment report and from whats recommended by the assessor he would get standard rate care and enhanced mobility, his previous award was standard rate care and no mobility, am i right in informing him that he wont get no mobility because he's reached pension age and a mobility award cant be increased once he reaches pension age or can he ask the dwp to backdate the award to when his original award ran out as its not his fault that the dwp took so long to do a reassessment. the dwp have just been extending his previous award due to them not been able to carry out a assessment.

regards tango

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #291092 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic re mobility component and pension age
Hi tango,

I have replied to your identical post here www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...d-pension-age#291074

When you post something on the forum it appears to vanish into thin air, but it is there, just waiting for a moderator to approve it before it becomes visible.

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.