× Members

PiP Back payments

More
1 week 4 days ago #291098 by Kozzy
PiP Back payments was created by Kozzy
Hi,
I submitted a change of circumstance in my condition requesting on the 4th Jan 2023, filled in the forms went through Assessment and mandatory reconsideration etc but did not get any extra points , i requested a tribunal hearing on 3rd July 2023 which I attended on the 5th April 2024, the tribunal gave me standard mobility after my hour talking to them and I was awarded this indefinitely and no longer needs to be reviewed until 2034 in which time i will already be recieving my government pension for 2 years by then.
I already recieved standard living component which stayed the same but no longer will need reviwed until 2034 so all good in that aspect.
I recieved back payment for standard mobility from 3rd July to 5th April but not any back payment from my initial change of circumstances form request from 4th January 2023 to July 3rd 2023 while the process was being looked at by the DWP, am I supposed to be back dated payments for this time period or has the system changed that back dated payments are paid from tribunal request to the completion of the tribunal? Thank you Kozzy Bee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #291099 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PiP Back payments
K

If you notified the DWP of a Change then any higher award should be backdated to the date that the Change was submitted providing there was clear evidence that you met the criteria at that time.

Have you contacted the DWP about the missing six months? And if so, what was their response?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.