× Members

ARE PEOPLE BEING FORCED MIGRATED ONTO UC FROM CONTRIBUTION-BASED ESA?

More
1 week 3 days ago #291139 by Gordon
synapse

It is only the Income Related component of legacy ESA that is being moved to UC, the Contrbution part will be moved to New Style ESA which is functionally the same.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #291182 by Tiggy8
I’m also wondering if you would be moved to UC if you claimed HB, with only contributions based esa ?

More
1 week 2 days ago #291195 by Tiggy8
If a person claims only contributions based esa AND HB, does that make them included in the UC migration?, not a lot of info on this scenario.

I was advised that a contribution only esa claim and HB, that the HB part would not trigger a UC migration move if it was included. Due to the contributions based not being included in UC.

Thx

More
1 week 2 days ago #291200 by Gordon
T

You have been misadvised.

Housing Benefit is one of the legacy benefits being migrated to UC, claimants receiving HB and ESA(CB) are not considered a priority and will be migrated later than sooner but it will nonetheless happen.

Your ESA(CB) will not be affected, at worst it will be moved to New Style ESA which is equivalent to what you are already receiving.

As an aside, you may be better off on UC as the SG rate is higher.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiggy8

More
1 week 2 days ago #291203 by MariW
I claim CB ESA only. I am in the Support Group. I am not entitled to any income-related benefit. I had understood that there were no plans to move us to UC. Has this changed?

Thank you,

MW

More
1 week 2 days ago #291204 by Tiggy8
Many thx Gordon, and for your information re guarding esa (cb) not being affected. I thought my cb esa would have been withdraw with being on uc system. I’m confused with it all as many are and anxious. I'm not familiar with new style esa, so essentially it’s just the same as legacy esa (cb). It has the same rates if not a bit higher on uc.

I wonder when this sudden move to include esa claims sooner is going to happen?, letter dropping in September 2024, december 2025?.
Seems very rushed out all suddenly. Very Distressing for many included.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.