× Members

PIP Query !!!

More
7 years 11 months ago #158932 by Foz
Replied by Foz on topic PIP Query !!!
The dreading brown envelope came threw the post I got it high mobility and low care .
I can't thank this site enough for all your help and support a big thank you to all of you that helped and supported me .
Disability living allowance ends in June and then pip kicks in got it till 2020..
The stress in now over :woohoo: :woohoo: .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158983 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Query !!!

Foz wrote: The dreading brown envelope came threw the post I got it high mobility and low care .
I can't thank this site enough for all your help and support a big thank you to all of you that helped and supported me .
Disability living allowance ends in June and then pip kicks in got it till 2020..
The stress in now over :woohoo: :woohoo: .

Terrific news well done and thank you for your comments about the site.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163214 by Foz
:dry:
Hi I don't know if I'm aloud to discuss another case but my mum is on Dla indefinitely and she has received a letter saying Dla is about to end and she has to claim pip she is a pentioner and is very worries can this happen and why was she awarded indefinitely just last year .

More
7 years 9 months ago #163257 by Gordon

Foz wrote: :dry:
Hi I don't know if I'm aloud to discuss another case but my mum is on Dla indefinitely and she has received a letter saying Dla is about to end and she has to claim pip she is a pentioner and is very worries can this happen and why was she awarded indefinitely just last year .

I am afraid that all DLA claimants who were under the age of 65 on 8 April 2013 will be migrated to PIP.

Once an invitation has been issued there is no way for a claimant to retain their DLA in the long term, so your mother needs to make a claim for PIP and complete the PIP claim forms in detail and supply evidence as she can to support her claim.

PIP has very different criteria from DLA, so it is very important to answer the question in context to PIP and not try to adapt any answers she may have made on her recent DLA renewal.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more details.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172195 by Foz
I don't understand she was granted a home visit and was previously on on Dla high for both but was only given low care and no mobility .
Don't know what happened there but what can I do now .please help.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172198 by Gordon
Foz

A lot of people are going to lose their High Rate Care award, DLA awarded this for needing care both day and night, PIP looks at the severity of the claimants problems, so someone with moderate care needs both day and night could receive HRC but someone with significant care needs either during the day or the night but not both could only receive MRC.

I assume you mean a Standard Daily Living award which is equivalent to DLA MRC.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.