× Members

Applying for PIP

More
7 years 7 months ago #168237 by jojo
Applying for PIP was created by jojo
Gone straight into panic mode following receipt of a letter saying my DLA will stop and to apply for PIP. I have to telephone DWP so ask is this correct? Benefits and Work guides helped me with ESA application so why do I feel so much anxiety and panic with PIP. I am so frightened of making the call but know I have to. Can anyone advise me on what I will be asked please.
jojopuss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168238 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Applying for PIP

jojo wrote: Gone straight into panic mode following receipt of a letter saying my DLA will stop and to apply for PIP. I have to telephone DWP so ask is this correct? Benefits and Work guides helped me with ESA application so why do I feel so much anxiety and panic with PIP. I am so frightened of making the call but know I have to. Can anyone advise me on what I will be asked please.
jojopuss

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide, the call is covered in one of the early sections.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo

More
7 years 7 months ago #168245 by Maglil55
Replied by Maglil55 on topic Applying for PIP
The call really isn't bad. They are just getting basic information off you such as name, address , doctor's name address , telephone numbers, NI number, bank details etc. I printed off the PIP1 sample form from the Members Only section and filled it in before I called to make sure I had all the information to hand. She didn't ask the questions in the same order as the sample form but at least I had all the detail. Really though this bit is nothing to worry about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 7 months ago #169097 by jojo
Replied by jojo on topic Applying for PIP - worrying text message
Thank you for your advice and it is appreciated. Has anyone come across the following problem. My letter telling me to telephone says I have to call before 6th Oct. Today I received a text message saying 'please call us now if you want to claim PIP. If you don't contact us, you'll get a reminder letter in 7-10 days about your DLA ending'. I found this quite confusing and threatening due to it saying to call us now. Is it a scare tactic? I spent 25 mins waiting listening to music and a recorded message before finally speaking to someone. They said it was relevant to the date on the letter. When I pointed out it says call us now hence my call. there wasn't really an explanation - am I just thick or totally confused? I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. thanks guys. jojo

More
7 years 7 months ago #169111 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Applying for PIP
Jojo

It is just the DWP trying to be touchy feely so they can pretend that we are all "customers" that they are supplying a service to!!! It's not intended to scare claimants but often does.

The reminder letter is a mandatory requirement 21 days after the PIP2 has been sent.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169140 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic Applying for PIP
bUt with yhe DWP the custoner is hardly ever Right

Gordon wrote: Jojo

It is just the DWP trying to be touchy feely so they can pretend that we are all "customers" that they are supplying a service to!!! It's not intended to scare claimants but often does.

The reminder letter is a mandatory requirement 21 days after the PIP2 has been sent.

Gordon

But with the DWP the "Customer" is Not always right :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.