× Members

GP REPORT FOR PIP

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #177232 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP

radhika wrote: Hi,

Many thanks for clearing this up.

Can my GP refer in his report that he was presented with the PIP2 form and has based his report on the questions and how they relate to his patient.

Furthermore, can he use the words, repeatedly, safely and reliably, when referring to the tasks in the PIP2 form?

Thanks
R

They can use whatever words they feel are appropriate :)

I wish I knew where repeatedly, safely and reliably came from? Perhaps it was ESA?

For PIP it is;

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177233 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
Sorry Radhika, I missed that! :blush:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #177234 by Maggie
Replied by Maggie on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
Remember to give some information about variability: good & bad days( although they seem to ask about a typical day!). So its important to keep a diary of the descriptors. If you have to appeal the tribunal may consider if you have coached your GP, so do everything verbally.
Susie

More
7 years 4 months ago #177237 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
Thank you all ever so much for all your help and advise, it is greatly appreciated.

R
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 4 months ago #177323 by shrinathji
Hello,

quick question. GP is going to write report for PIP.

For mobilising, does he have to mention anything about self propelling a wheel chair, like ESA?

R

More
7 years 4 months ago #177329 by shrinathji
Sorry, if I have posted again as my screen went blank when I pressed submit.

My GP is going to write a report for PIP.

Should he just comment on mobilising by foot and not bother mentioning about self propelling a wheel chair like ESA, as I want him just to stick to the facts and anything else which may help the DM in realising that my husband has serious mobility problems and could definitely not self propel a wheel chair.

Thanks
R

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.