× Members

GP REPORT FOR PIP

More
7 years 4 months ago #177196 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP

radhika wrote: Hello
one of the members named Susie had posted about 5 days ago, on the Forum that her GP had used the sample GP further medical evidence report form you give. Can you please confirm where I can find this, as our GP has agreed to write a detailed report for PIP.

Thank you
R

Sorry but I am not sure what they are referring to, perhaps if you can provide a link to the post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177200 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP

More
7 years 4 months ago #177205 by shrinathji
I followed the advice to the letter. Having a supportive GP to compile a detailed letter based on the sample GP further medical evidence report form you give & using a copy of the descriptors made all the difference. The effect of medication on my ability to safely do the activities was made clear. My inability to travel or cope with a F2F was made clear, with evidence from GP records. I paid a contribution for this. I sent this with the PIP2 form & other evidence BEFORE ASSESSMENT. I should also have sent in the diary showing variability (this was asked for by the assessor), but I found this too distressing. I also had help from Age UK with the form.

Just in case I did not supply the link correctly, I have copied the post for your reference.

Many thanks
R

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #177209 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
Hi Radhika,

I have checked the original message and this member's history. Susie is simply saying that she followed B+W advice about completing the forms etc. We do not have a template for GP letters as every claimant has different problems.

What we do suggest is printing off the PIP descriptors, removing the associated points and asking the GP to comment as they see fit.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177227 by Maggie
Replied by Maggie on topic GP REPORT FOR PIP
Dear Radhika
Please see my post re GP factual report template or click on my name.
Best wishes Susie

More
7 years 4 months ago #177229 by shrinathji
Hi,

Many thanks for clearing this up.

Can my GP refer in his report that he was presented with the PIP2 form and has based his report on the questions and how they relate to his patient.

Furthermore, can he use the words, repeatedly, safely and reliably, when referring to the tasks in the PIP2 form?

Thanks
R

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.