× Members

Johninpain II

More
7 years 2 months ago #181439 by Johninpain
Replied by Johninpain on topic Should I be asking for a home visit ?
Apologies if this topic comes up twice but I think my pad swallowed my last message
John has finally got his pip desision he has standard on both but on reading the letter it is obvious that the assessor has conveniently ignored the fact that he can't leave the house alone due to terrible crippling anxiety a d even states that he drives to the common alone to let out his dogs ( this has not happened for many years ) I wish it did its like babysitting a 200lb child he won't leave the house alone and struggles to get to the car she also stated she did a full exam but she only asked him to grip her hands ( I was there he didn't even take off his coat)
And she has missed out on lots of other details mentioned in the forms sent in including washing

So my question is I obviously need to ask for the medical report then get his gp to comment on her assumptions but do I get report then gp letter other evidence then ask for a MR or just ask for report and MR tomorrow?
This is all very confusing

Many thanks

Sarah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #181462 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Should I be asking for a home visit ?
Johninpain

An MR request needs to be with the DWP no later than one month after the date of the Decision, so providing the delay is not an issue then you can wait to see if the report is sent and your GP has time to comment on it.

Please bear in mind that an increased award will only be made by you showing that John meets the requirements for one, some of the points you raise, such as his going out are definitely issues you should raise, but something like the degree of physical examination is unlikely to be helpful in scoring more points. Bottom line, pick your battles!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johninpain

More
7 years 1 month ago #183079 by Johninpain
Hi I have set up the MR but as John has problems both with mobility ( possible falls) and due to mental health ( can't and won't leave the house alone due to social phobia) but due to the new guide lines about metal health am I better enhancing the mobility or the mental health problems as I have medical evidence from my GP that states both? Or just state both equally?

More
7 years 1 month ago #183125 by Gordon

Johninpain wrote: Hi I have set up the MR but as John has problems both with mobility ( possible falls) and due to mental health ( can't and won't leave the house alone due to social phobia) but due to the new guide lines about metal health am I better enhancing the mobility or the mental health problems as I have medical evidence from my GP that states both? Or just state both equally?

If his problems are with going out then his claim is not affected by the changes to the Mobility Descriptors, you should go with both arguments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184548 by Johninpain
Hi when you send in a mandatory reconsideration request do you get any paperwork from DWP? I am sure I read somewhere that you should i sent it in both writing and on the phone both well within the 1 month limit

More
7 years 1 month ago #184582 by Gordon

Johninpain wrote: Hi when you send in a mandatory reconsideration request do you get any paperwork from DWP? I am sure I read somewhere that you should i sent it in both writing and on the phone both well within the 1 month limit

No the DWP do not acknowledge receipt of an MR request, I'm afraid it's up to the claimant to chase them for confirmation that they have received it and for updates as to it's progress.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.