× Members

Esa- support group- work interview?

More
7 years 2 months ago #180106 by sam1982
Esa- support group- work interview? was created by sam1982
Hi everyone, wondering if anyone has any advice.

I had a renewal form for my esa last year and ended up having the f2f in december.

I was/am in the support group.

I had a letter a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't sure if it was the April increase letter. I called and they confirmed it was. I asked about any news on a decision and she said nothing was on the system. I also at the time requested a copy of my f2f report over the phone but nothing has still arrived.

I've had a letter this morning but it's a letter for a work interview with the job centre to get me back to work.

I haven't had any decision letter and I thought they usually call to say about a change in awards? But by the looks of it they have placed me in the WRAG group.

I have epilepsy and since they changed the points system about fits and being conscious for the support group I tried to push on my renewal of reg35 I think it's called, about being a danger to myself if I return to work.

Where do I stand as I am still waiting to receive the decision letter- I have no idea if the decision was last week and it could affect timescales for my reconsideration decision which I'm going to go down.

Also with the work interview- will I need to attend- I'm in danger of fitting and need my mum or partner to be there. How that makes me a good employee i don't know.

Also to top it off I've just found myself 10 weeks pregnant but I've got a lot of problems in the past- miscarriages and cancer. Will this affect the WRAG decision and whether I need to attend the work interview.

To be honest I expected to be put into WRAG but not to be invited for an interview first without even a decision letter.

I'm going to call this afternoon but any advice on my situation I would be so helpful for.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180152 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa- support group- work interview?
cleocat

It is quite likely that you have been placed in the WRAG by this new assessment, your local JC+ office will have been notified electronically so it's not unusual for their letter to reach the claimant before the Decision Letter does.

There have been changes to the guidance in regard to Substantial Risk (Reg. 35) and it may be due to this that you have been moved to the WRAG.

While you remain in the WRAG you are required to attend WFIs and to participate in Work Related Activity, although allowance must be made for your conditions. Be aware, if the activity is declared as "mandatory" then your benefit can be sanctioned if your fail to comply.

My best advice in regard the WRAG is to be proactive and attempt to manage your advisor rather than letting them manage you.

If you intend to challenge the Decision then the first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #180171 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic Esa- support group- work interview?
Cleocat
(I have a dog called Cleo)

If you Pregnancy may be compromised I.e. the baby and/or you may be at risk you may be entitled to be placed back into the Support Group.

You have said that you have had complications in the past so contact DWP explaining the situation with evidence from yolur GP along with any other Medical Evidence available from previous problems.

As your pregnancy is a new condition you can if need be make a further claim for ESA (if your latest ESA decision is that You are not even in the WRAG and must claim JSA)

bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

More
7 years 2 months ago #180191 by sam1982
Replied by sam1982 on topic Esa- support group- work interview?
Thanks Gordon for taking the time to answer.

What are the changes that have happened to reg 35, do you have a new link?

Im going to get everything i can from the dwp.

With my pregnancy- i didnt know about this when i sent my renewal in or when i had my f2f. Would you wait to put the reconsideration in and then explain in that letter?

More
7 years 2 months ago #180194 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa- support group- work interview?

cleocat wrote: Thanks Gordon for taking the time to answer.

What are the changes that have happened to reg 35, do you have a new link?

Im going to get everything i can from the dwp.

With my pregnancy- i didnt know about this when i sent my renewal in or when i had my f2f. Would you wait to put the reconsideration in and then explain in that letter?

The changes to the Reg. 35 guidance are explained in the ESA Claim guide due to Mental Health.

Your pregnancy cannot be considered as part of an MR as they can only look at your conditions as they effected you on the date you were assessed.

If there is a risk to your health or that of your baby then you can report this as a Change, the ESA guides explain the criteria you need to meet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #180205 by sam1982
Replied by sam1982 on topic Esa- support group- work interview?
Thanks both, what do you think will be the best way to do this-

1. If indeed i am now in the WRAG make them aware by phone and writing i will be making a MR and ask for the decision maker reasoning and f2f report

2. Then while doing this- also tell them about a change- my pregnancy (would i do this using a change in circumstances form or a letter explaining- given the circumstances would a letter be better to explain?)

im just a bit confused as its crossed over the renewal/decision process and as i still havent had a decision letter im not sure if im still in support or WRAG now.

Do you think by any chance the work interview letter might be related to your sticky post gordon about support group people being invited?- im not home so i need to read this over properly- answered my own question there!

A phone call to DWP tomorrow is needed- i just dont trust anything they say. :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.