× Members

Esa- support group- work interview?

More
7 years 2 months ago #180231 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa- support group- work interview?
cleocat

Members of the SG won't be asked to Work Focussed Interview, so if that is the reference in your letter then you have been moved to the WRAG, but it won't hurt to check by contacting the DWP the deals with your ESA claim.

As to your pregnancy, I'm afraid it really isn't that simple which is why I referred you to the ESA Claim guides! There needs to a documented risk to your health or the health of your baby if you are asked to perform Work Related Activity. Historical problems with your pregnancies will be insufficient, there must be a clear stated risk associated with this pregnancy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180262 by sam1982
Replied by sam1982 on topic Esa- support group- work interview?
ive had a proper look at my letter and it says:

'helping you prepare for work in the future
you must come and meet your work coach

We've set up a meeting for you with your work coach. Together you'll talk about options that will help you prepare for work in the future. Your work coach will offer you help and support even if you arent able to return to work straight away.'

- there isnt any wording of a 'work focused interview' in the letter but do you think this is the same thing? seems it doesnt it?

More
7 years 2 months ago #180302 by Gordon
cleocat

The simplest thing is for you to contact the DWP and ask whether a Decision has been made and what it is. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sam1982

More
7 years 2 months ago #180321 by sam1982
Hi, i managed to get through this morning and they have moved me onto WRAG from support so that answers that question. The letter is for a work interview.

Im going to go down the MR and i understand ill have to explain my situation as it was then and why i think i fit the support group.

how should i do the change of circ in respect to my pregnancy- do you have any advice?- ive got medical history that has implications for further pregnancies so i will have
evidence for that.

Im just confused as i will now be in the middle of a MR over this decision does it go in as a normal change of circ on my new WRAG group status.
Would that then mean the whole claim is looked at again as it would be normally if i was in the middle of an award?

thanks

More
7 years 2 months ago #180345 by Gordon
cleocat

You really need current statements that your pregnancy is at risk, it's very unlikely that they will accept the risk based on old ones.

Just write a letter to the DWP office dealing with your claim explaining that you are now pregnant and you believe that there is a risk you or your baby if you continue to be required to do Work Related Activity.

Both the MR will be processed in Parallel but be aware as the change will result in a new Decision (if accepted in the first place), then it will be this Decision that is taken forward. So as an extreme example; if your MR puts you in the SG, and the change results in WRAG then it is the latter award that will be used.

Gordon

More
7 years 2 months ago #180441 by sam1982
Hi Gordon, thanks for getting back.

I finally had my decision letter this morning, dated the 28th Jan! All it says there is a change in my ESA payable as i have been moved from support to the wrag group- very detailed.

I called this afternoon to ask for a copy of the f2f assessment, first of all the lady said it should have come with the decision letter- is this a new thing? they never used to- anyway i didnt have it with my decision letter.
She then told me they dont hold copies and that they would need to call the health centre and request a copy- thats not right is it? surely the dwp should have the health assessment?

I then asked for the decision makers reasoning and she made me sound like i had two heads when i asked for it. There is no where in my decision letter that says why i have been moved to the WRAG- of course im going to ask for an explanation!

The other thing in my letter is it says i will only get paid WRAG esa until Jun because of the 365 day rule.
I must have been on WRAG before i moved to support (a long time ago now) but this was well before they brought in the 365 rule- will that time i spent on WRAG before that still count now?

Im going to be sending a letter today to dwp (signed for) requesting all the info in writing as well.

Is there anything i can do as the letter was dated the 28th, today is the 3rd, thats 6 days missing before i even get the reasoning and health assessment report- will the dwp not take any of that into account?
Ill still obviously get it in by the month deadline but it just seems unfair that they havent even included the reasoning of why they moved me from WRAG to support in this decision letter so im already behind trying to find out how they made their decision.

thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.