× Members

ESA Renewal

More
7 years 2 months ago #181584 by paulpk
ESA Renewal was created by paulpk
I was asked to send in an ESA50 form by the middle of September, I know they received it and my Dr's letter just before the deadline.

I contacted them a few times in the 1st couple of months and was told that my case was being looked at, when I got a letter last month telling me ESA was going up in April I contacted them again and was told it was just a general letter, I enquired about my ESA50 and after looking into it, was told the same as the previous times.

It's now over 6 months since they got my form and I've heard nothing either way.
I'm still getting my money as usual and don't want to rock the boat by chasing them up as nothing has changed from my side and by sending the forms in on time I've fulfilled my obligations and how long they take to make a decision is their job.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #181603 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Renewal
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, in your situation I think I would be keeping my head down too!

Please reply to this message if you have any questions and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulpk

More
7 years 1 month ago #184541 by paulpk
Replied by paulpk on topic ESA Renewal
Thanks Mrs Hurtyback, I intend staying quiet and not stirring up a hornets nest.

I've looked online and can't find any clear answers for the question; can ESA overturn a PIP decision?

I had a PIP medical in 2015 and was awarded the standard rate of the care component for 4 years, not to be reviewed until at least March 2018

I don't understand why ESA are sending me an ESA50 form in the 1st place or if they can do an assessment for ESA and invalidate my PIP if they found me fit to work.

I understand that they're 2 different benefits, but surely there must be some sort of data sharing between them as they are so closely linked.

Kind Regards
Paul

More
7 years 1 month ago #184574 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Renewal
Paul

Only following a reassessment of the PIP Claim and at the time of writing we are not aware of a single case where this has happened.

AS to why your ESA is being reassessed, all ESA claims are reassessed on a regular basis, any where from 3 months to 3 years.

One of the reasons why we would not expect there to be any impact on your PIP claim is that the criteria for the two benefits are different, even where there appear to areas of overlap, the assessment criteria are still different.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184610 by paulpk
Replied by paulpk on topic ESA Renewal
Thanks Gordon
I filled in my ESA50 form following the advice pages on here and sent a Drs letter too, I pointed out that they had all medical evidence from my PIP claim in 2015.

What I'm really trying to find out is, what are the chances of me being called in for an ESA medical with about a year left before my earliest PIP review?

To me it'd make more sense to run them concurrently and I know you can't give me a precise answer as to my chances of being called for a medical, but your knowledge is far greater than mine, so anything would be helpful.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184634 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Renewal
Paul

Maximus will decide on whether a face to face assessment is required based on your ESA50 and the information attached, I'm afraid there is no way to pre-empt this.

To be clear a PIP report cannot replace an ESA assessment, all it can do is help the Decision Maker make a Decision, if the contents of the PIP report are relevant to your ESA problems.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.