× Members

help on Q3 please

More
7 years 1 month ago #183180 by geo.k23
Replied by geo.k23 on topic help on Q3 please
Hi thanks for your help i phoned today and got two weeks extension, could you clarify something for me please on the question on preparing food you say that i will not get points for something i cant do i honestly dont know how to answer this as i have carpal tunnel one of the few illnesses i suffer from so if i explain that i cannot peel or chop or hold pans due to my condition and that it is done by my wife who is my unpaid carer then i would get 0 points am i correct in saying this regards George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #183215 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic help on Q3 please

geo.k23 wrote: so if i explain that i cannot peel or chop or hold pans due to my condition and that it is done by my wife who is my unpaid carer then i would get 0 points am i correct in saying this regards George

I'm afraid you have misunderstood what I was saying.

If there are reasons why you cannot complete an activity and those reasons are accepted then you should expect to score points, but you must explain those reasons on the PIP2 form.

If however, you to not do an activity because it is more convenient for you not to rather than your not being able to, then you won't score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: geo.k23

More
7 years 1 month ago #183245 by geo.k23
thank you gordon can i ask you about q13c it asks if stress and anxiety are reasons i would not go out and bearing in mind the changes coming into force is anxiety and stress still accepted as a legitimate reason for not being able to carry out certain activities kind regards George

More
7 years 1 month ago #183251 by geo.k23
Hi i am going through my pip2 form and i am not sure whether i answered the phone interview questions properly to be honest i am not sure what i was asked i remember being asked if i had been in hospital with depression which i answered i had not been in hospital with it but i suffered from it but not sure about other questions because of my disability i suffer stress, confusion, anxiety, and mood swings but i dont know if these were questions that were put to me if they were i cant remember and may have answered no which would be incorrect i was dreading the phone call to start with is there any thing i can do or say to correct this if these questions were asked of me they may not have been asked i just dont know can you advise please regards George

More
7 years 1 month ago #183256 by David
Replied by David on topic help on Q3 please
If your wife was not available, what help or aid would you need to complete the activity ?

More
7 years 1 month ago #183273 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic help on Q3 please

geo.k23 wrote: thank you gordon can i ask you about q13c it asks if stress and anxiety are reasons i would not go out and bearing in mind the changes coming into force is anxiety and stress still accepted as a legitimate reason for not being able to carry out certain activities kind regards George

The changes to the PIP Descriptors only affects some of them the others can be used in regard to anxiety and stress. So (c), (d) and (f) cannot and (b) and (e) can.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.