× Members

New PIP changes from March 16th

More
7 years 1 month ago #184111 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PIP changes from March 16th

HarryC wrote: If I requested the PIP forms over the phone would this do, as they would date it? Would want to fill it in myself and not all the details over the phone.

Or should I just download the form and send it in recorded delivery?

The form is not available online and everybody who has requested a paper copy has had problems in receiving it, the questions for the PIP1 are not really that complicated that they can't be answered over the phone, unless you actually have problems using the phone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184167 by HarryC
Replied by HarryC on topic New PIP changes from March 16th
I found a sample PIP1 form online dated Nov 2015, presumably it is still the same?

What are the stages of claiming PIP? As i notice on the first form PIP1 are no questions about what your conditions are and how it affects you.

What form number do they send out after getting the PIP1 back and how long do you get to to fill it in?

More
7 years 1 month ago #184169 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New PIP changes from March 16th
This is all explained in the PIP guides

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184171 by HarryC
I wonder why the PIP1 form is not available online? Seems like it is on purpose to try and reduce the numbers claiming PIP as much as possible? Maybe same reason why the requested paper ones not being sent out?

Would seem a deliberate tactic not putting it online.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184174 by HarryC
Another point, how do you sign the form if they fill it in over the phone? Do they send you a copy to sign? Otherwise you don't know if what they filled in was correct?

More
7 years 1 month ago #184183 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PIP changes from March 16th
Harry

PIP is one of the DWP's new "online" claim systems, I'll not make any comment on how people with no internet access, problems accessing the phone, who are deaf, have learning difficulties, etc. are supposed to manage?

AS the call will be recorded and stored as part of your claim, there is no requirement (now) for the claimant to sign the form unless additional information is required, this happens very rarely.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.