× Members

ESA 50 form for daughter

More
7 years 1 month ago #184727 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 50 form for daughter

Karl wrote: Hi

Regarding Question 8 is this for Vision only my daughter has Kerataconus her eyes have deteriorated over last few years but she can see albeit poorly with glasses that the Manchester Royal Eye hospital gave her a prescription for,and diagnosed
Also she has epilepsy and fits daily
She can see to cross the road but sometimes may be fitting as she has Blank spells
Should I fill in Q8 for this?

Regards

Yes this is for issues with seeing.

If you have a look at the WCA Handbook, there is a copy in the ESA section under DWP resources, it explains the criteria for scoring point for this activity. It will help if she has a Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184777 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic ESA 50 form for daughter
Hi Gordan
no don't think she has a certificate of visual impairment so not sure if she would qualify under this descriptor her eyes are bad and have deteriorated they have told her as her prescriptions are so strong now all there is left is corneal implants which she is very reluctant now she knows where they come from

so its nothing to do with epilepsy and having blank episodes where she stares blankly and cant see for like 30 seconds at a time and a multiple ones of these a day
It seems they are making it impossible for people with disabilities

Will have a look at the book these questions are very vague and the descriptors

More
7 years 1 month ago #185027 by Karl
Hi Gordan

I have made a mistake on the ESA50 form they have sent when filling in can I download one and use that instead

Also I am having difficulty
I know Q10 is for Epilepsy and consciousness
Q 17 is for Behaviour regarding the Emotional unstable personality disorder
but she has some diffilutly in learning complex tasks
starting and finishing tasks because of her epilepsy and Depression
coping with social situations because anxiety and EUPD

Is anything to do with her epilepsy nothing to do with the questions in the mental health

The Questions are very vague and hard to know where I should be saying what
Worst form I have ever had to try to fill in and it has to be abck by the 6th April

any help and advice really appreciated
regards

More
7 years 1 month ago #185058 by Gordon
Karl

You can either download the electronic version of the ESA50, which you can fill in and print or print and fill in.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/capab...r-work-questionnaire

or you can simply cross the section out and provide your answer on separate sheets, just make sure that each page has her full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

Attach the pages to the back of the ESA50 using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Questions 11-17 are only concerned with mental health issues, so you will struggle to score in this section if the under lying issue is her Epilepsy which is considered to be a physical problem, however, if you don't include the information then she certainly won't score any points for these activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #185094 by Karl
she has a Emotionally unstable personality disorder, Epilepsy, Severe depression and anxiety as well as having her eyes are bad diagnosed with \Kerataconus .
I have filled Q 6 and not sure if this applies to above questions Q8, Q10, 11-17

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 1 month ago #185115 by Gordon
Karl

This is desperately sad and I can understand how upsetting this is for you all, whilst these matters are undoubtedly contributing to her current state, remember she will only score points by your showing that she meets the criteria, so don't be tempted to stretch the Descriptors to meet her problems, take them as is or you risk her not scoring at all.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.