× Members

ESA 50 form for daughter

More
7 years 1 month ago #184428 by Karl
Replied by Karl on topic ESA 50 form for daughter
Thanks again for your help,

we spoke to her earlier about the form and she doesn't understand just trying to explain the form and questions to her caused her to become increasingly angry and upset and resulted in her storming out the house slamming the doors swearing at us

she was originally put in the ESA support group and DLA is Middle for care and low for motability

But as she as always wanted to work asked to be put in the WRA group so as you say will affect her now being put back in the support group she wants to work but the number of seizures and absences, her behaviour wouldn't be acceptable in a work place if under stress or being confused would lead to her losing her temper.

we would be happy for her to remain in the WRA group and hopefully get her behaviour under control less absences and seizures so she could work and lead a more positive life instead of being severely depressed

Thanks I will just try my best for her and her son that's all I can do

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184448 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 50 form for daughter
KArl

You need to check which group she is in. It is possible to be in the SG and opt to perform Work Related Activity.

The only concern I would raise about her being in the WRAG is that her benefits can be sanctioned if she fails to participate in mandatory activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

More
7 years 1 month ago #184468 by Karl
Hi Gordan
I know she was put in the support group originally but has voluntarily been to see advisors herself as she has always wanted to just have a normal life and work, she has difficulty in accepting her conditions and problems.
How would I know which group she was in now as far as I am aware she doesn't get letters to go for work focused interviews

We are having difficulty in getting her to go to the doctors about her recent seizures and problems with mental Health as she is severely depressed and just keeping her going daily is a battle. Trying to talk to her about it and get her go the doctors results in a outburst she doesn't realise the seriousness and that she will lose money which will cause her to lose her home
I am having to fill the form in for her as she wouldn't and couldn't do it she is past caring one way or the other she is on the edge with everything

Thanks Gordan the form has to be back by 6th April
They don't give you much room in the boxes and I only have limited supporting medical evidence including the original letters with Diagnosis of epilepsy and Borderline personality disorder and a recent letter from Neurologist confirming she is having daily partial and complex partial seizures as well as secondary generalised seizures which have started last year last one was 27th February which was frightening for her and us I am struggling to say the least

More
7 years 1 month ago #184470 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 50 form for daughter
Karl

If she is not receiving WFI invites then this implies that she is in the SG, she should have received an entitlement letter in the last 6-8 weeks which will indicate which group she is in.

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the ESA50, just make sure that each page has her full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

Attach the pages to the back of the ESA50 using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

More
7 years 1 month ago #184478 by Karl
Hi Gordan
I have had a look and cant find a recent letter but have noticed another where she was invited for a work focused interview and on another it says she is in the work related activity group

thanks for the advice not sure if she opted for this as I am almost sure she was originally in the support group but I could be wrong

More
7 years 1 month ago #184688 by Karl
Hi

Regarding Question 8 is this for Vision only my daughter has Kerataconus her eyes have deteriorated over last few years but she can see albeit poorly with glasses that the Manchester Royal Eye hospital gave her a prescription for,and diagnosed
Also she has epilepsy and fits daily
She can see to cross the road but sometimes may be fitting as she has Blank spells
Should I fill in Q8 for this?

Regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.