× Members

PIP mandatory reconsideration

More
7 years 1 month ago #184966 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration

tonisdad wrote: Gordon in your reply on page 1 where you said:
Conversely, if you cannot follow the route to a familiar place then you must be able to leave the house and therefore cannot score for Descriptor (e)

Should it not have said:
Conversely, if you cannot follow the route to a familiar place then you must NOT be able to leave the house and therefore cannot score for Descriptor (e)

Word NOT inserted if that`s not the case just ignore.

No I meant what I wrote.

To follow a route, even if you are unsuccessful in doing so, you must leave the house and if you leave the house then you cannot meet the requirements of (e).

If you can't leave the house then you cannot be considered in regard to your following a route (even if you can't do it) so you can't meet the criteria for (f).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #185611 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration
After the DWP losing my paperwork and a week later, after talking to team leader after team leader they have finally got the paperwork on the system from Friday so hoping either late this up coming week or next week the consideration will be completed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186314 by Alex
So frustrating. No update at all, even though team leader promised it would be done by the end of this week - MR. Phoned PIP and asked for case manager to phone and they said more evidence was sent in yesterday, erm no, it's the same information they asked me to send in again weeks ago because they lost the original.

Case manager apologised for inconvenience and that my MP letter dated over two weeks ago hasn't been replied to.

What they are supposedly doing: going to prioritise my case for MR to case worker so decision should be reached by next week.

Fingers crossed.

All of this confusion and promises never made with no one person from DWP taking ownership. Disgusting but not un-expected.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186406 by lou.q
Replied by lou.q on topic PIP mandatory reconsideration
hi Alex
I scored 0 for care and 0 for mobility. I sent a request for mandatory reconsideration and about 3 weeks letter got the letter saying they were awarding me 12 points for mobility but still nothing for care but I am still over the moon that it was changed and I do not have to go to tribunal. good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186463 by Alex
That's really positive. Thank you so much- will hopefully hear something by the end of this week. :)

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #186490 by Alex
Phoned the DWP PIP department. Letter generated today but won't be able to access it tomorrow due to it needing to populate overnight. So nervous!! :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.