× Members

PIP taken from me after re assessment with physical ailment

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288794 by Donagon
Ignore my previous post, I just realized it was for two different things. My bad!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288820 by BIS
Hi Donagon
i
Ignored your previous post as requested.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #289856 by Donagon
So I have my tribunal tomorrow, via a video assessment.

I am feeling pretty nervous and anxious about it not because of the tribunal itself, but because I feel like I’m gonna be cross examined like i’m on the stand.
I’m also in a negative mindset towards it because I probably read too many bad stories, but also good. But I think it’s reasonable to read these as it gives you an idea of what to expect.
I guess it’s just being realistic in fighting against people who are more than likely going to try and gaslight you and try and take these points away from you. I’m ready for traps and set ups to try and catch me out.I guess I’m just venting at the moment but would appreciate any type of advice from anybody who may have been through it themselves, maybe within the past month or so?

Thanks

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #289862 by BIS
Hi Donagan

I hope that someone who has recently been to a tribunal will give you their advice.

Here's mine for what it's worth. There are good panels and bad panels, but as 79% of people win their Tribunals, I would not assume that the panels are out to gaslight you. They do not set out to take points off people and if a panel is thinking of doing that - they always give the claimant the opportunity to withdraw their appeal.

I know it's not easy - but try not to go in there with a negative mindset. It's a horrible situation you find yourself in, but at least inwardly hold your head up high. You know what you are fighting for and you know why you think the DWP was wrong in their original decision. Keep your focus on that. The panel doesn't know you and they only have what's written in front of them = this is the opportunity to show them face-to-face an expert in your difficulties - and that's you. You are the only person who knows how you cope with daily living and mobility - so hold onto that and tell them your story.

Wishing you the very best of luck

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #289868 by KABTT
Good luck - expecting this on the horizon myself. I know I'll be using the guides and information here to prepare for tribunal. Just had the HCP report in prior to the DWP decision - it is full of contradiction so I'm wishing you luck knowing I'll be on the same path soon.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #289870 by Donagon
Thanks for your response BIS

Even if I was advised to withdraw my appeal, I was awarded zero points, so I don’t really see how I’d gain either way.

My argument was receiving Pip from November 2022 and I received 11 points for daily living and 10 points for mobility under the mental health argument. When I was diagnosed with an in autoimmune disease in December, I notified them of this as a change of circumstance in January, but it triggered a whole reassessment where I was awarded zero points which brings me to today and how this ball got rolling in the first place. (I still kick myself today for picking up that phone and telling them that, as I probably would’ve been fine financially for the past year and nothing would have been taken from me, but I was just trying to be transparent. But at the same time, not saying I had this condition would’ve come back and bit me on the backside later on, so I was never gonna win either way)

Ideally, I would want my original award back, but it’s if I would be receiving any points from this tribunal tomorrow from Zero. The alternative IS zero.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.