× Members

PIP - My doctor send me the review that PIP asked him to clarify .

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #283184 by RIA
PIP pay doctors a fee for returning their medical health issue forms.
I already get LWRCA and I was told by my Chiropractor that I should receive the lower level of PIP, due to my deviated spine and associated muscle and tendon issues which I've had for many years.
When PIP contacted my Dr, they only asked about my mental health issues and not my pain issues. So, because of this, I was refused P.I.P. During the abrupt and unwillingness to listen to me interview with PIP, the lady asked me how I feel when I visit my Chiropractor. I told her that because I have been going to her for numerous years, the adjustments help, but due to my mental health issues, this is only temporary. Not once did the lady ask me how many days, hours, etc I am in pain. She basically wrote me off because I was already receiving LWRCA.
I did not query this, as she made me feel so low and depressed, despite knowing that I have a very reasonable cause that affects my daily living.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #283200 by Gordon
R

We would love to help you but do you have a specific question?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #283211 by RIA
Hi Gordon,
Sorry and yes!
It's too late for me to appeal, but should I start the process again with new evidence?

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #283232 by BIS
Hi Ria

When were you turned down for your PIP? Did you get a copy of the assessment report? It's a PA4. Although you are supposed to put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration within a month on the decision letter date, you can put in for a late Mandatory Reconsideration up to 11 months after the date on your original decision letter. You have to give a reason for putting in a late MR - and you can say that your mental health was poor and you didn't understand the system.

If you don't want to do this - you could reapply for PIP and use our guides to help you complete the form. I don't want to be rude about your chiropractor but they don't seem to understand how PIP is awarded. The DWP are not so interested in the condition by itself - they want to know what impact that condition/s has on your daily living and/or your mobility with regard to the specific PIP criteria. That is why it is quite possible for two people with what appears to be the same condition that apply for PIP to find out that one person gets awarded it and the other doesn't.

The fact that you are already receiving LWRCA should not prevent you from being awarded PIP. There are plenty of claimants who receive both awards. That's why I asked if you had asked for a copy of the assessor's report - the PA4. That will give a clearer idea of why you were turned down. You can still ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the report.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, C, RIA

More
1 month 1 week ago #289171 by RIA
Thank you so much. Apologies for my very late response. My Dr knows about my mental health issues, but he doesn't know about my deviated spine. This is because only a Chiropractor, or Osteopath would know. I had an x-ray done and it clearly shows my spine is causing my pain issues.
When PIP contacted my Dr, he acknowledged my other issues, but there was nothing on my file to say about my spinal problem which I have had for many years now.
Because of this, I was refused PIP. I was told ;that if I already receive LWRCA, then PIP cannot be awarded.
I have daily support now and I notified both UC and Council Tax, but my 25% single deduction will now not be waived as I need to be getting PIP, or Attendance Allowance.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289195 by BIS
Hi RIA

I just don't know why you are being told you cannot be awarded PIP because you have LWRCA - not true.

If you have seen a Chiropractor - they can confirm the issues with your spine - along with the x-ray evidence and you need to include that in any PIP application.

I'm not clear whether you had a PIP telephone assessment or a paper-based assessment. Your current problem is that if your doctor is unaware of your spinal issues and that information has not been passed to the DWP, you will struggle to challenge the original decision to turn you down for PIP.

If you are going to submit a new claim, you need to make sure that you send in as much information as possible. The fact that the DWP rang your doctor for more information suggests that they felt something was missing, as this is not common practice. And you will still have to let them know about your spinal issues.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.