× Members

PIP - My doctor send me the review that PIP asked him to clarify .

More
1 month 1 week ago #289201 by C
Speaking as a random person (not a mod/expert/qualified in anything), I just wanted to say that you absolutely can have both PIP and LCWRA - I have both, and have done for multiple years.

With the stuff from your chiropractor, I'd strongly strongly suggest getting everything on paper from them and submitting it. Should you be able to/your doctor be receptive, submitting all the paper stuff from your chiro to them might prove helpful. It's not an NHS service but your chiro is still providing healthcare and your doctor might put stuff on the system/be more helpful in future.

Good luck to you, it's exhausting navigating the system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Gary, RIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #289688 by RIA
Hello, and thank you for your response. I apoligise for the late communication. I am struggling with my mental health.
I had a telephone asssessment with PIP. The lady was so abrupt and rude, and as a result, I found it hard to voice what my on-going issues were.
She asked me how I felt when entering the door of my Chiropractor. She did not ask me why I was seeking therapy, neither why I was in continuous pain.
PIP, solety based is on my mental health issues since losing my mum.
I suffer daily with both neck and shoulder pain. I have to have daily therapy and Chiropractor adjustments. This is only a temporary solution to help me until my next appointment.
It is costing me £68.00 per month to re-align my spine. PIP asked me on my telephone interview why I have applied.
I told this abnoxious lady that I needed the extra money to help with my treatment costs.
I was too low to fight this decision.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #289704 by BIS
Hi RIA

I'm sorry to hear of your ongoing problems.

I'm not sure how you want to proceed from here. If you want to apply for PIP again, you need to consider how you are going to get a record of your back problems in your GP notes. You said in an earlier post that you have been seeing your chiropractor for years, but your GP is unaware of your back problems. That is fairly unusual (though not unheard of), but I would suggest that you talk to your GP at some point, or I think you could well face the same sort of issue as far as the DWP is concerned. The GP doesn't have to have a deep understanding of your back issues; just have it logged that you have a long-term issue that requires help. It would also give them the opportunity to suggest any other treatments. This is what the NHS says about chiropractic treatment www.nhs.uk/conditions/chiropractic/

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RIA

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #289723 by denby
Dear RIA, please do not despair too much. In future do try to have someone supportive with you in any assessment. This should help you to get the right things said and stop the assessor bullying you. Also never ever fail to ask as soon as you get the assessment booking, to call and request THEY record it, ask for CDs as these seem more reliable than the digital download. And have your supporter take a private recording which you do not mention to the assessor, as backup. Don't be bullied into accepting an unrecorded slot, and expect your request to cause a postponed appointment.
Did you ever get the PA4 assessment report as recommended? Even though you are out of standard time I think it might be possible to submit a request to be allowed a late mandatory Reconsideration on grounds of your poor mental health and daily pain. And it will be useful for a new claim, to see how they noted what was said.
But as others have said, you will have to 'join up the dots' by getting your chiropractor to send a full report to your GP, so it's all in the one place DWP usually look.
At least consider claiming again after a careful read of the Guides on here, get everything together first so you do not put yourself under pressure.
best wishes,
Deby
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , RIA

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #289987 by RIA
Hello. Thank you for your reply, The issue I have; is that Chiropractor's are not deemed under the NHS as having any legal stance. This is why I always have to pay privately..
My Chiropractor has no authority to issue treatment assessments to my Dr, so this is causing me a big issue.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #289988 by RIA
Thank you so much for your advice. I totally agree . I will ask my Chiropractor to send te relevant documents to my Dr. He has no idea that I have a skeletal issue.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.