× Members

Pip tribunal and dwp telephone call.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288181 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Pip tribunal and dwp telephone call.
Hi everyone, just caught up on this thread.

My son has just asked for me to be his appointee as he was getting extremely anxious dealing with the telephone calls to DWP, especially being on hold for 50 minutes at a time!! I have to say the lady we spoke to in that department was so lovely and helpful, it was a complete shock!! She also, from a brief phone call had a sense of my son's difficulties, and when she spoke to me she appeared quite surprised that he had 0 points!

On the subject of LPA, I am also going to get this for my son. I agree, that everyone should have it as you never know what is going to happen. My husband and I got it for each other a few years ago and it is not difficult, we have it for health and for finance (there are two separate things). My husband has it for his mother too. She is now 90 and very sharp, but she does struggle with some things like talking to the bank etc. so this is really useful as they cannot refuse to talk to you.

The LPA website has recently introduced a system where institutions like a bank (or DWP) can access something that generates an instant code that confirms you have it and they cannot refuse to do it. So I am going to go down this route for my son as well.

Thanks
Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288210 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip tribunal and dwp telephone call.
Glad to hear you are sorting the LPAs. A side note, please ensure regularly that any executors of Wills appointed remain willing to act, as the LPA expires with the person's last breath. We took on LPAs for a relative in the expectation that when they died we would be handing everything over. But both executors refused, leaving an awkward situation for us, which will take some time and cost the estate to finalise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.