× Members

Moving in with partner on esa, I’m on UC- lots of confusion from CA

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288669 by Abio
Thank you. Yeah the letter is so not clear! We assumed her moved to CB with ir top up from his incapacity benefit.
Unfortunately due to mental health issues my partner is not responsible for his ESA claim(his mum is and she isn't sure either)

The benefits for him being on ESA rather than soley UC will mean That when I graduate, if we are only on UC my income will wipe the entire claim out and my partner will only get pip (nurse so I know exactly what my wage will be)
Whereas when I am working if he is able to get ESA cb still then the UC claim will be wiped out, however if he is getting esa he will get both his ESA and pip still, which will obviously be better for him as he will have more money that he is entitled to, Despite my earnings.

I appreciate all your help. When we move I will update the forum on what happens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288676 by Chris
Good luck with getting things sorted Abio.

There's a website that's brilliant with helping called Turn2us (if you type that in Google) and they can also assist with what you're entitled too and what not - if ever you need guidance on this front.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.