× Members

Rang DWP

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288929 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Rang DWP
Should there be a miracle & DWP decided to give me extra points that I lost due to the assessment, but not the points that I think that I’m entitled to. Can I accept, then go for an MR?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #288967 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Rang DWP
Hi Bud,
If you think DWP haven't awarded the correct number of points, yes of course you can ask for a mandatory Reconsideration. However if you need say 3 points to get to enhanced level, there is no point asking for MR if the maximum you can get is another two points.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by LL26.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Sheila 966

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288973 by Bud
Thanks LL26.

There’s a few possibility points that I’ve gone for in DL. I did fear the odd point so that I didn’t quite make it, & I know I won’t get the shower over bath 3 pointer. But I’m also going for the mob following a journey. Finally I understand it! I think.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #289128 by Bud
I’ve had a letter saying the DWP have all the info they need & they’d let me know when they’ve made a decision. They just love to string it out don’t they. A text would’ve been fine, or to let you know when they’ve actually made a decision. This was dated the same day as I rang them telling them I’d put the PA4 reconsideration in the post. I’m wondering now if it’s a good idea to ring & tell them what you’re doing.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #289132 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Rang DWP
Hi Bud,

As long as they receive what you've returned to them, with your alterations, then you should be fine. You'll know this as they send a text usually every 3 months to keep you updated. Plus you can also track the postage if you've done recorded or signed for dleivery, for example. I know it's a very long wait, but hopefully it'll pay off for you in due course.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #289140 by Bud
Chris, I asked for a reconsideration on the PA4. Most people I’ve spoken to at DWP don’t seem to know what a PA4 is, they think I mean an MR. When I called to tell them the PA4 was in the post I eventually talked to a case manager who kept saying that they may not get it. I so wanted to tell them not to worry & they definitely would get it as it had been sent special or recorded delivery. But I just sent it 1st as I usually do, I was so relieved to hand it over to the PO that I even rushed off without my receipt. I have a feeling that I’ll be hearing from them within the next few weeks, which is before my next payment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.