× Members

Preparing and cooking meal question againIn the new Severe Disability Criteria (

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288474 by Anneb
PS - my son can put readymade meals in the microwave or oven to reheat so I suppose that counts as that he can "cook" but that he cannot "prepare" food for cooking ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288492 by Gordon
A

There is no definition as to what preparing and cooking food includes, preparation might be as simple as removing the packaging from a pre-prepared meal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288501 by LL26
Hi Anneb,
At the very top of the forum is a locked post about food preparation under descriptor 1 that I wrote for another member.
BIS kindly locked this for everyone to have easy access.
I suspect this may well help answer your questions.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288536 by Anneb
Hi LL29 - yes I read that pinned post and have made a copy of it in my notes which I'll use to help me.

I still find all this so stressful. It will be a ten year review when the time comes for the PIP thing and it preys on my mind all the time as I'm aware of how important it is to word things correctly so the assessor understands. I know I might get the easy form but still I worry that really I ought to repeat everything properly.

I'm my son's Appointee and I am not getting younger....I worry about what will happen when I one day pass on - my son could never do these forms and social services have been useless for him as they can't give autism specific help which he really needs which GP knows he needs. I despair of the lack of help for those on the autistic spectrum who are not profoundly learning disabled.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288546 by BIS
Hi Anneb

I can understand your concerns and agree that there is little support for those on the autistic spectrum who are not profoundly learning disabled.

Please try and give yourself a break. You can only do your best as your son's appointee; there are no perfect answers. You have understandable fears for the future when someone has to take your place - all I can say here is keep excellent records so in time someone else will at least be able to follow the trail of his benefits and what has been said on his behalf.

BIS

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288556 by Anneb
Hi BIS - yes you're right. I keep all my copies of these forms from previous years. I think I should make sure they are easy for the next person to follow in clearly marked files so that at least I know that someone can read them and use them for my son. Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.