× Members

No one to look after me

More
1 month 5 days ago #289349 by Capyboppy
Replied by Capyboppy on topic No one to look after me.
I realise you are suffering with the loss of your mum and the grief is immense.
The advice on this forum plus all the document “helps” are worth far more than the £20. I still pay mine every year as a way of ‘paying back’ for all the wonderful help I’ve received to enable me to have a better quality of life.
The volunteers give up hours and hours a week to help others and are very knowledgable. The reason they are suggesting you take further advice is because your situation really is complex. There are too many different possibilities and scenarios depending on what you and any family you have decide to do. If the volunteers did this it would be pages and pages long with the dialogue going backwards and forwards. It will be far easier for you and less time consuming to do this face to face.
Please follow their advice as they are experienced enough to know best, and that way the sooner things are sorted for you the better it will be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #289350 by Capyboppy
Replied by Capyboppy on topic No one to look after me.
Hazel: I got the impression that her mum was her carer.

More
1 month 5 days ago #289378 by denby
Replied by denby on topic No one to look after me
Just so sorry to hear what you are going through, notably the years of deception involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
1 month 4 days ago #289382 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic No one to look after me
Dear Freefee, sorry to hear you are having such an unsettled time. As you say it can be stressful and difficult trying to access help when things change so dramatically in life. I wanted to wish you all the best and hope you manage to get the help and support you need at this time of great change for you. Do come back on the forum and let us know how you are getting on.
Sending all good wishes to you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee, denby

More
1 month 4 days ago #289392 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic No one to look after me
If it all gets too overwhelming, you could try talking to the Samaritans. They don't provide practical help, but they would listen and maybe point you in the right direction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee, an ex nurse

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.