× Members

No one to look after me

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288759 by dancer22
Replied by dancer22 on topic No one to look after me.
If your Mum's house is sold and you get 50% of the money, then when the money actually arrives in your bank account it will most likely take you over the 25,000 limit and you will lose the income related part of your benefits until you have spent the money on reasonable things like care/living expenses and are back under 25,000.
If you move into your Mum's house and pay rent to your sibling, the DWP ignores the value of the house you live in, so you may not hit the 25,000 limit.
I agree with Gordon that you do need to get some proper advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288874 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic No one to look after me.
I'm really sorry you've had your Mum and carer die as well. And have all the money worries on top - a very emotional and stressful time. Your post is titled "no one to look after me". Have you managed to get some emergency help in the short term? Presumably some of your benefits was paying for the carer? Could whoever provided the carer get someone else in for you? Or was it a private carer? I would think GP would refer to social services, but you should be able to get some short term help via the NHS - I would contact your GP and say you need emergency help at home. I'm not sure how it works but for example, if you're discharged from hospital I believe you're entitled to home care for a few weeks initially - free via the NHS - there may be something similar available.

The financial side does sound quite complex. However presumably none of this has happened yet? Eg the inheritance. It can take time to go through probate. So it gives you chance to a) get a carer in place b) get some bereavement counselling (Cruse are very good) and c) get some financial advice. Just take it one step at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288918 by denby
Replied by denby on topic No one to look after me.
Dear Pip, if you haven't gone away already....as Gordon says, the forum is staffed by people who freely give up their time to train and sit giving answers. It would be really, really nice if you would consider apologising for your needless tart remark.
There really IS no such thing as a free lunch, but as I often explain to people, B&W is the nearest there is to this, as the annual sub is less than a single week of the lowest PIP payment readers stand to gain with the benefit of all the Guides.
I truly hope you can find the help you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sia, Sheila 966, Holly

More
1 month 1 week ago #289269 by Pip
Replied by Pip on topic No one to look after me
It cost me £20 to join, . I expect the lunch….I paid for.
the £100 I’ve spent over the years on this sometimes valuable site, I at least want some help.

I thought and had already tried elsewhere, paid advice was a last resort as I am not well off, just on benefits

Why are you un-empathetically insult me, right now…if you’d been less hasty. You’d see the apology.

More
1 month 6 days ago #289280 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No one to look after me
Pip

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with the answers you have received but as previously explained, we cannot provide detailed answers in regard to your situation.

There are too many factors that we are not aware of, you may not be aware of them yourself.

You are asking questions about your finances, nobody on the forum is legally qualified to provide detailed advice about this.

We do not deal with the areas your questions fall into on the forum.

If you do not need access to the documentation that your subscription fee actually pays for, then contact the office for a refund This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 6 days ago #289287 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic No one to look after me
whilst not condoning what pip posted, i can understand in a way why she did, when you are disabled and your life changes dramatically in ways you find hard to handle, it can make you emotional and scared, unfortunately i don't know enough to advise pip, other than the advice she has already been given, i bet she regrets making the post, my wife of 30 years is leaving me, she has been having an affair with a work colleague for about 20 years, i am also in a position of thinking, who is going to look after ne, help me out, and i am scared, i am constantly fighting the thoughts of getting a rope and just putting an end to it all, i genuinely do not know how i will be able to cope, life can be hard, i know it is for me and maybe a little harder for pip, i hope she posts again and explains why she posted what she did, life is hard people, the DWP shows little compassion, i think we should on here, just my thoughts,
thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.