× Members

List of assessment centres

More
13 years 6 days ago #55928 by mistynow
Replied by mistynow on topic Re:List of assessment centres
penthesilie wrote:

There doesn't seem to be any ATOS centre between Croydon and Canterbury, so what are the people of Kent supposed to do?

I spotted one listed in Chatham but no parking...

nightmare for wheelies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 days ago #55930 by papasmurf
Replied by papasmurf on topic Re:List of assessment centres
Rainbowlight wrote:

A friend with ME had to attend a medical at a centre that turned out to be on the first floor. Although she was mobile up to a point, it was limited. She protested that the steps would cause her severe discomfort and post-exertional malaise (ie, she'd feel even more sick and weaker later, possible for several days). She was told that if she did't go up the steps she'd be deemed to have failed to attend her medical, with everything that implies. In the end she struggled up to the first floor. And - yup, you guessed it, failed her medical.

regards
Rainbowlight

That MORE than warrants a complaint to her MP and to ATOS HQ via a solicitors letter.

• RachelPotter
13 years 6 days ago #55932 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:List of assessment centres
Disgusting! :angry:

If it's happened to someone you know, it will of happened to others!

• RachelPotter
13 years 51 minutes ago #56286 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:List of assessment centres
Hi, have just received this email;

Thank you for your email of 19th April 2011 and for your comments regarding the ATOS Medical Assessment Centre in Truro.

I am grateful to you for drawing this matter to my attention.

With every good wish.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew George MP

Bit short!

More
13 years 25 minutes ago #56293 by papasmurf
Replied by papasmurf on topic Re:List of assessment centres
Fedup wrote:

Hi, have just received this email;

Thank you for your email of 19th April 2011 and for your comments regarding the ATOS Medical Assessment Centre in Truro.

I am grateful to you for drawing this matter to my attention.

With every good wish.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew George MP

Bit short!

He has had more than just a few e-mails and letters on the subject.
I also had a long letter from him this morning on another subject I have been bending his ear about.

• Tattie
13 years 19 minutes ago #56295 by Tattie
Replied by Tattie on topic Re:List of assessment centres
Seems there is one now in my local town where as before I had to travel to Aylesbury, which from here is hard to get to and if I remember right I had a morning appointment. They gave me a list of travel options, public transport being one. It would have meant I would have had to have left home at 5am!! That was upstairs but they had an awful lift, the type where it was just a platform that went up and the walls moved.. freaky!!

However the only information it gives is opening times, phone number - that there is a water cooler and chairs with arms. The address does say its lower ground of the building though, so does that mean basement level and not the level you go into the building on? hmmmm!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.